41.65 RELEASED

nasKo

We've confirmed with several servers that VOIP can have a negative effect on server stability. If the fixes in this build don't fix all your issues with black boxing or lag, please consider moving to Discord for your voice chat if possible, and disabling VOIP server side for a smoother experience until we figure it out.

• Potential fix for instances of blackboxing on servers, where a client would be waiting endlessly for the server to send chunks (after already connected).
  • Added splash-screen logos for General Arcade and Noiseworks.
  • Fixed the PlayerBumpPlayer option.
  • Added some new melee sounds. New weapon breaks, gore assets, long blade, short blade, umbrella among others.
  • Fixed the game version string being different in some languages, breaking multiplayer.
  • Fixed corpse inventory being 50 instead of 8 in multiplayer.
  • Fixed sheet ropes destroyed by zombies not being synced in multiplayer.
  • Fixed barricaded doors not visibly shaking when attempting to open them.
  • Removed unused lines from the Linux dedicated server's start-server.sh.
  • Fixed microwaves continuing to run on the server when the timer expired.
  • Fixed the /additem server command not working with underscores in the item type.
  • Fixed "Server Statistic" debug ui errors when the server's -statistic period is zero.
  • Added exception handling around IsoChunk.AddVehicles() to fix the server dying when adding vehicles.
  • Rewrote IsoChunk.isGoodVehiclePos() to handle vehicles at arbitrary angles, and to check for collisions with vehicles on neighbouring chunks.
  • Fixed randomly-placed corpses being naked in multiplayer.
  • Changed the PauseEmpty server option default to "true".
  • Fixed zombies not becoming corpses sometimes in splitscreen multiplayer.
  • Fixed a Lua error adding a saved splitscreen player in multiplayer.

• New MP statistics UI is added to admin powers.
  • Byte buffer for SpriteRenderer was increased for debug mode to show whole population map
  • ShowMpInfo admin power enables/disables statistics gathering

• Server disables statistics gathering if no requests for 10 seconds

16 minutes ago, Lornsteyn said:

How to access 41.64 or 41.65?

build39

legacy 40

legacy 41_60

legacy 41_61

This are the only things I can choose.

Have the same problem as well as all players on my server. We don't see the b41multiplayer branch in the steam client. Posted a bug report in the relevant forum topic about it

Edit: okay opting out of the beta branch and going to stable! 

Edited by Snailpower

1 hour ago, TheParadocs said:

item despawning when dropped to the ground

Explanation here:

https://twitter.com/theindiestone/status/1472920522358939649

Anyone who's experiencing items disappearing when they drop them: Mods which aren't updated which replace the files associated with the inventory panels will cause this. Make sure mods you subscribe to are confirmed 41 MP compatible!

• nasKo pinned this topic

players on my 41.65 server started reporting that dropping items on the floor will make them disappear , i have tested this , and same happens for me , the only way item can be on the floor if its placed  by the menu . not sure if its related to this update , bu we have not changed settings on the server nor mods 

update - i have removed all mods related to inventory / UI tweeeks and still keeps happening , if anyone finds out what mod is doing this please let me know

mods my server is using 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2688205454

Mods=autotsartrailers;BetterSortCC;TowingCar;BCGRareWeapons;BCGTools;CraftHelper41;firearmmod;firearmssilencer;improvedbuildmenu41;ItemTweakerAPI;manageContainers;MVF;PLLoot;PLLootF;PLLootG;RainWash;ReadFasterWhenSitting;ReadingIsNotBoring;SLEO;SLEOBlack;SMUI;SimpleAddInventoryPages20191226;TMC_TrueActions;tsarslib;VCE;iCDPlayersSV;Authentic Z - Current;Authentic Z - Fashion Montage;FRUsedCarsBETA;FRUsedCarsFT;FRUsedCarsNLF;FRUsedCarsNRN;ClaimNonResidential;vehiclescenes;MakeSledgehammerFromClubHammer;eggonsFannyPackBalancing;waterPipes;fuelsideindicator;SpnHair

Edited by zenithteam

4 hours ago, zenithteam said:

players on my 41.65 server started reporting that dropping items on the floor will make them disappear , i have tested this , and same happens for me , the only way item can be on the floor if its placed  by the menu . not sure if its related to this update , bu we have not changed settings on the server nor mods 

update - i have removed all mods related to inventory / UI tweeeks and still keeps happening , if anyone finds out what mod is doing this please let me know

mods my server is using 
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2688205454

Mods=autotsartrailers;BetterSortCC;TowingCar;BCGRareWeapons;BCGTools;CraftHelper41;firearmmod;firearmssilencer;improvedbuildmenu41;ItemTweakerAPI;manageContainers;MVF;PLLoot;PLLootF;PLLootG;RainWash;ReadFasterWhenSitting;ReadingIsNotBoring;SLEO;SLEOBlack;SMUI;SimpleAddInventoryPages20191226;TMC_TrueActions;tsarslib;VCE;iCDPlayersSV;Authentic Z - Current;Authentic Z - Fashion Montage;FRUsedCarsBETA;FRUsedCarsFT;FRUsedCarsNLF;FRUsedCarsNRN;ClaimNonResidential;vehiclescenes;MakeSledgehammerFromClubHammer;eggonsFannyPackBalancing;waterPipes;fuelsideindicator;SpnHair

update found the source of the problem on my server , its link to Paw Low Loot (41.50)

Edited by zenithteam

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Not that I’m aware of.

ah ok because its like 3 patchnote back i call it when you go close to them they dont show up in the inventory icon . So you cant loot them for good loot ..... and all of them that doing that at what ever they are on the map

I have the problem with versions of the mods, when some get updated we get the well known error that the i have different mod version than the server but for some times we manage to resolve it but now we can't figure out how to solve it, even the host has the same problem and usual he hasn't any problems of this kind, what is the best sollution ?

Went to Louisville for the first time on a driving tour.  Wow.   Scary stuff and I was quickly lost.  Relieved to leave.

One report:   Likely reported already but I think making a water barrel / box allowed me to keep the garbage bags.   I'll have to double check.   Single player.

So far everything good on this patch. Only issue I notice is a very slight stutter when driving; I can tell the FPS is dropping to around 29, but again, I am on Win7, so I remember that fancy garbage collector from a few patches ago was Win10 only.

As for things that bother me, can we make the clock in the corner bigger? I have a big-huge monitor with high res, and it looks very tiny, to the point I have to move closer to my screen to read the temp. I just found the option for this, and it's apparently broken- The "Large" setting does not enlarge the clock, it only moves it one inch to the left.

EDIT: Looks like closing and relaunching the game fixes the Large Clock. It's fine now.

Edited by Blake81

So, just found a bug with those new "Metal Barrels" that you find around the refugee camp. In order to make coal, they all ask specifically for "5 Logs", and ONLY THAT AMOUNT. No way of putting 2 first, then 3. It has to be all at once.

As you might know, even with the Strong Perk, CARRYING FIVE LOGS IS NO SMALL FEAT, and they can't be on your backpack, they all have to be in your inventory. This could use an option for adding the logs one by one...

EDIT: Found two carry-over bugs from last IWBUMS. There are still Home tapes spawning as "VHS - Home" and you still cannot wash the backpacks once they get bloody.

Edited by Blake81

• nasKo unpinned this topic