LF Sledgehammer/Wood Axe

M2xim

Everything is in the title. Usually not a problem since i played this game 1000h+ but i noticed in some recent update loot spawns changed and i have no idea where i should be looking for these now. I went everywhere but Louisville, looked in every tool shop, warehouse and crate i could in the entire part of the ''old'' map including some modded maps to no avail. 

It's my third new game in a week and on day 40(solo apocalypse) i still can't find a single sledge or wood axe anywhere. It's getting frustrating and i don't feel like starting anew a 4th time. I'd really be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Sometimes you can find them in warehouses that have tools, they are more rare now but they can still be found. Tool stores same. In my most recent save with all in extremely rare I just found one in a cardbox near a garbage bin and another one in the storages outside Muldraugh. They're definitely harder to find but they're there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 10:39 AM, The Nine Tailed Fox said:

It looks like someone got used too much to old loot table and distribution and now they're whinging because they can't find one

20211218001833_1.jpg

I maxed out the spawn rate for those vehicle events on a few servers and drove all over and never found the sledge one.  I've only ever played build 41, but I'm convinced sledge spawns are too low, as I've raided the riverside warehouse more times than I'd care to admit.

9 hours ago, Jamal Money said:

I maxed out the spawn rate for those vehicle events on a few servers and drove all over and never found the sledge one.  I've only ever played build 41, but I'm convinced sledge spawns are too low, as I've raided the riverside warehouse more times than I'd care to admit.

Just look at this man 1 save 1 town and I'm not even trying.
20220106080455_1.thumb.jpg.be7a05d4d79568396c8bc77d775b1276.jpg20220106070735_1.thumb.jpg.97993dc0a523f384622dee4cb6004244.jpg

I don't get why a sledgehammer is so rare, it's essentially a long piece of wood with a heavy piece of metal or stone at the end. 

A makeshift one would be easily made in a zombie apocalypse from some wood and a heavy weight.

These things existed in ancient Egypt over 3,000 years ago - we /ought/ to be able to craft crude ones, just like we can stone axes.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Jamal Money said:

Since you won the lottery twice in a row, I understand why you'd mistakenly believe it's a common occurrence.  You're on MP right?

Oh sure sure I won the lottery, it's not like I found it in a places where it could spawn or anything. I'm not on MP.

Posted this a month ago and i finally found a wood axe yesterday. I lost the count on how many saves i played during that time but they're definitely ridiculously rare because to find one i had to start dismantling every single boxes in every warehouse i visited.

Sledgehammers are way easier to find. Mostly because sometime you can find them on the ground next to a truck in the middle of the street.

On 1/24/2022 at 8:35 AM, Waxik said:

Iron shelves in a fire station have a better chance of finding a sledgehammer or wood axe than a warehouse or hardware store. Also fireaxe is almost certain loot, on one trip I found about 3 axes.

Believe it or not i never found an axe(neither wood or fire axe) in a fire station in over a thousand hours played.

Not even the rare times i played sandbox with everything abundant lol

I love how there are several people having a hard time finding these and then this one troll who got lucky feels he needs to be as obnoxious as possible in bragging that he found some. In all my time playing B41 I only ever found a sledge once. It was on my first ever playthrough as well, in the metal shelves of the Rosewood firestation. Since this thing is so hard to find, I found a mod that bumps up the spawn rate a bit to increase the chance of finding it. And if that doesn't work, Another mod let's me craft one at lvl 8 metalworking.

Edited by Jesse

On 1/23/2022 at 10:45 AM, The Nine Tailed Fox said:

I'm not on MP.

On SP the spawn rates are vastly lower.  It's probably not a mistake or oversight though.  It's a balance decision I think, to reduce griefing ability maybe, or to reduce access to sheet rope-guarded bases.

• 2 weeks later...

With low probability events you can easily never get any.  In my current SP game I've found a few sledgehammers and axes but no battery chargers for instance.  I went over a month in game before I found my first axe.  I've also found TONS of books, many copies of almost all of them, but none of a couple of specific ones.  I found multiple packets of most kinds of seeds in the lumber warehouses except strawberry seeds.

• 1 month later...