Have zombies or sprinters been made quieter?

Axiomatic

I've been playing for months with zombie type on random for the extra fear factor and risk of sprinters. But with maybe the last 41.61 or .62 build, sprinters especially seem very quiet, even with headphones on I don't hear them until they are right on top of me if I'm not seeing them. Before hand, I could usually hear footsteps when they were several tiles away and have time to turn to react. Now its like their growls/moans and foot steps don't become auditory until like 2-3 tiles away which gives no time to turn. This might have something to do with the noisework updates and certain zombie sound volumes being lowered or 'just footstep sounds being lowered. 

Would really appreciate if dev's would consider either tweaking the volume levels or making sprinters make more noise. Perhaps even adding a zombie sound for when they get alerted, like a specific type of growl, similar to the visual animation of them turning their head towards a sound then pursing the sound.

1 hour ago, Axiomatic said:

Perhaps even adding a zombie sound for when they get alerted, like a specific type of growl, similar to the visual animation of them turning their head towards a sound then pursing the sound.

I haven't noticed that they are quieter.  That growl they make when they are almost on top of you and miss, it almost sounds human.  Is that our characters' voices or are is it the zombies voice?  I can't really tell.  

Archived