Plants and bushes

Yorny1

let me smoke a blunt to reduce my stress and depression, but increase my sleep threshold and lower my perception while I'm blazed. Going out to kill zombies, without constantly panicking sounds pretty enticing.

But it will never be added because of the silly taboo that marijuana has on America, but maybe some modder will be radical enough (and mature enough) to make a legit herbal remedy mod

I'm sure that those suggesting 'medicine' mean light stuff. Nobody is suggesting the cure, or a flu shot. My relatives in Kentucky, (Yes, I'll be mentioning them a lot.) Are clever sons of guns. Besides, in the library near my town there's more than a few books on natural medicine. Hell, it's common knowledge for most everyone that you can make whiskey or moonshine into cough syrup. While we're at it, I wouldn't mind the ability to brew alcohol being possible. Even in my state it's common practice. My neighbor made dandelion wine a few years ago. (Tasted horrible.) Though it was drinkable.

There are dozens of ways to make homemade alcohol. It just takes a base ingredient, a catalyst to produce the molding process, and lots of time in a dark dark area.

actually, there is a mod that has Marijuana and Joints in it. unfortunately, it was made for the old mod system where you had to overwrite a few files. i tried it several times, never did get it to work.

but who knows, maybe someday the author will update it.

I don't remember a taboo in America about marijuana, its actually legal in certain states, but thanks for assuming and being wrong ):$

assuming and being wrong? lol you're kinda a hypocrite. It hasn't been until this and last year that states have made weed legal. From the 80's up to the 90's marijuana was labeled as a felony. You would be incarcerated for having less then an ounce. This goes way back to the opium wars between China and England, but i won't go into that. Paraphrased, America needed to chose a side, keep the opium bars and side with England, or get rid of them, siding with china, ultimately causing the mass migration of Asians into the west of America. We saw the scars that opium did to China, so we kept the same attitude towards all mind altering plants, such as peyote and saliva.

I know my country's history and its repercussions.

maybe you're too young to be effected by the "War on Drugs" centuries of governmental oppression that was used to puppet the desires of private prison billionaires. But for half of my life, I've seen such a destructive totalitarian system of government  be swept away, like it never happen. We imprisoned millions (and still are) under the precondition of the crime. How is years of calling something deadly and then suddenly say its no worse then alcohol NOT be taboo. 

Sry, it was your tone (ironic since I can't actually hear you :D) that offended me. You're completely right, but i thought you were like "America is stupid because they completely hate drugs and despiss everyone who does them" Sorry for the misunderstanding :$

But interracial marriage wasn't legalized in america till the 60's if i recall. Weed being delegalized was only a year ago, and many states still use states rights to keep away medical dispensaries of certain states, actually we still have raids on legal weed farms that are on the boarders of states. I guess it comes down to your own definition of taboo. I see something as taboo if it sparks a divide in ideas, maybe your definition is if its illegal then its taboo.

what troubles me is Americans are blindly accepting the "delegalization" of weed, but they don't ask the hard questions of why it existed in the first place, and why it hasn't been put into the national government.

I'll just chip in and say that if you smoke a blunt in a zombie apocalypse you're gonna have yourself a bad time... Or at least most are. The thing is if you smoke in a stressful and scary situation you're likely going to get hella paranoid. Everything turns ten times scarier and as said your perception is all fucked up.

If I was in a zombie apocalypse I wouldn't touch weed if I wouldn't know I'm 150% safe. That said I would like to have it in-game as just like that. A relaxant when you're safe and a paranoia booster when you're not. Also iirc the some of the devs have said that they'd want recreational drugs to be added.

I myself wouldn't smoke marijuana in a zombie apocalypse. It changes perception rapidly, and the effects of psychosis can be serious; paranoia, harm, pain...A number of things, really. Though if the plant is eaten rather than smoked, or some of the harmful effects removed, it's a possibility it could be used as a pain killer in the zombie apocalypse. Though I do have my doubts.

unless you already had your own grow going i doubt u could have weed during the apocalypse. everyone elses plants would be dead by the time u found them and cannabis seeds are definitely not just laying around like tomato seeds or flower bulbs

that's pretty hard to say. i'm positive there would be a patch someone was growing out in the woods, or in their basement that would have had at least one male plant that would have "fertilized" the females, thus creating buds with seeds.

Kentucky is just like every other state, there is always someone who has a big batch stashed somewhere in their house, either to sell or use.

you just have to find it.

as the word in-tales, weed is extremely resilient. We still have domestic strands that grow wild in America from the early colonial settlements (hemp was used for rope on ships) And I agree with Suo's statement about weed increasing your paranoia. When you smoke, your body produces extra dopamine which heightens your emotions. Similar to other more harmful drugs that introduce synthetic dopamine to the body, drugs have the effect of altering a person's emotions, as well as increasing the threshold to feel the same emotions. Why is weed not as harmful as other drugs that make dopamine? Its because weed stimulates your own body to make natural dopamine, other drugs implement synthetic dopamine that confuses the body, desiring this new form of dopamine, rather then the stuff it produces on its own.

Also, we're talking a lot about "herbal medicine" but you don't have to go to the rainforest for natural remedies. Aloe grows wild in America and it's plant juices are used for antiseptics.