[41.64][Multiplayer] Wrong detection of different mod version between client and server

co-

Hello,

I think there is an issue with release 41.64 regarding the comparison of mod files on client and server side.

After release 41.64 I'm getting the infamous error:

Workshop item version is different than the server's

The workshop ID provided in the error is 2640351732 (See screenshot attached), which is a mod I'm developing named "Spear Traps" (see https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2640351732)

Yet, all the files from my mod are identical on both client and server. See following output as proof:

Copying my mod files from Steam workshop local directory to a directory named client:

$ cp -r ~/.steam/steam/steamapps/workshop/content/108600/2640351732/mods/SpearTraps/ client

Copying my mod files from Steam workshop on my server to a directory named server:

$ scp -r pztest:pzserver/steamapps/workshop/content/108600/2640351732/mods/SpearTraps/ server

Computing MD5 hash for every file in client directory, saving output to a file named client.md5:

$ find client/ -type f -exec md5sum {} \; | sort -k 2,2 | awk '{ print $1 }' > client.md5

Computing MD5 hash for every file in server directory, saving output to a file named server.md5:

$ find server/ -type f -exec md5sum {} \; | sort -k 2,2 | awk '{ print $1 }' > server.md5

Comparing the result, we can see both files client.md5 and server.md5 are identical, meaning all the hashes of each file are the same in both client and server:

$ md5sum client.md5 server.md5 
eed766a149a2d1eb295446f2efde3202  client.md5
eed766a149a2d1eb295446f2efde3202  server.md5

Both files client.md5 and server.md5 are provided as attachment, and also the zipped folders client and server are attached in case you want to check.

Is there something that comes into play other than the content of the files to decide if there's a mismatch between client and server files?

Screenshot from 2021-12-18 07-09-01.png

client.md5 server.md5

client.zip server.zip

Edited by co-