SP Freeze every 10 ingame minutes.

robban279

Question

Hi & thanks for this lovely game. 
I’ve recently started to play again, and the first 10 hours have been fine. Suddenly as I played tonight I noticed the game freezes over and over regularly for 3-5 seconds, and it happens exactly at the same moment every time. It’s when my characters watch switch over to the next in game 10 minutes.

example: in game time is 10.40. I go on playing then it freezes for a few seconds. The moment it unfreeze it’s 10.50. Next freeze occurs between 10.50-11.00. And so on. If my character goes to sleep and time speeds up it still freezes a few seconds every time the in game watch change numbers, making the night pass extremely slow… 

it seem to still happen even if I hide the in game watch (unequip it), so I don’t think it’s actually because of the watch, I think it’s more something that happens in the game every in game 10 minutes. Maybe something in the game updates every in game 10 minutes? I don’t know how it works.. 

Been googling the issue but only found one person with this issue and it was unresolved. It was from 2019.

As mentioned, the game ran fine the first real-time 10 hours, it’s not until now the game suddenly started freezing. 

anyone got any clues?

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Beard said:

Do you have any antivirus software? If yes, can you try adding this folder to its exceptions?
C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid
Some AV can constantly check the new files created by the game in that folder, which creates periodic freezes.

Thanks for the tip! I’ll try disable my AV and play tonight if my kids go bed early! 😊That actually sounds like something that could help. Seems logic since it’s every time the game time move up 10 minutes. Something else probably updates too then. Just weird it haven’t happened earlier. It’s on the experiential iwbums 41. 

Dude that did it! Everything works flawlessly now! Thanks a lot for saving me this headache! Just started the game up and no freezes… Wish I could buy you a beer man. Thanks alot! 

On 12/18/2021 at 10:08 AM, Beard said:

Do you have any antivirus software? If yes, can you try adding this folder to its exceptions?
C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid
Some AV can constantly check the new files created by the game in that folder, which creates periodic freezes.

Archived