Obese trait lock weight loss

Roberto

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 4:39 AM, Roberto said:

Got obese trait in a server. Nutrition system is on. Im only eating berrys and running a lot for 10 days and didnt lost one weight point.

Found that some other palyers in Steam forums is having the same issue.

Same issue on our server (I am not admin so I have no access to the server settings or logs, but more people are affected). Started to happen on vanilla, without mods, affecting at least two of us.

We have been having weight loss issues since 41.65
Had a character with a starting weight of 80 kg created 41.61 who gained weight until he was 86 kg and got the overweight negative trait. He was 86 kg when we patched to 41.65

By keeping the character at very hungry (one before you start loosing health) I managed to get a single down chevron next to his weight, but after 20 days of playing his weight didn't drop. I couldn't get the double down chevron next to his weight no matter how much I starved myself and it was very easy to start gaining weight again. Even after 20 days of keeping myself very hungry it only took 2 bars of chocolate to get rid of the down chevron.

When that character eventually died to a zombie bite I made another character which also had the overweight trait and who started off with a weight of 95 kg.

It has been 4 days since creation with me keeping him similar to the above example with no weight loss.

The server is running no mods and has nutrition enabled.

Same here, no weight loss, no matter how hungry my char is and for how long. Had one on negative calories for over 10 days without losing a single kg, then killed him off to create a new one and the brand new one has the same issues. It is quite annoying to test it, especially when our server is set to one day every two hours, so even testing this took a LONG time. The server was running NO mods when the issues started (it has a few mods now, but none of them is touching food or anything related, except for one that displays calories).

Also, even characters without obese or overweight traits. Weight loss is simply not working, no matter the calories intake (or a lack of it) and/or exercise.

Edited by Pangaron

What mods are you guys using, we found that this might have to to something with the foodexperation mod. We are testing for the next few days and report back in. Since our long term players  are all get obese all the time. And we moderators have to godmode them to get them to 80 kg's again. It's getting tedious.

On 1/1/2022 at 7:45 PM, ouroborus said:

What mods are you guys using, we found that this might have to to something with the foodexperation mod. We are testing for the next few days and report back in. Since our long term players  are all get obese all the time. And we moderators have to godmode them to get them to 80 kg's again. It's getting tedious.

No mods, nutrition enabled

Same issue here. I found people posting about it here and someone mentioned they fixed it through having players re-enable nutrition through their sandbox settings. If it's what I think they meant, then it meant checking the map_sand.bin file for their multiplayer save and changing 'false' to 'true' for nutrition. However, when we checked that all our files had nutrition set to true already. It's possible they meant something else, but I was hoping for more information on what we need to fix it, because the server sandbox.lua says nutrition is true, and we can gain weight, we just can't lose it.

What I've done, which I know won't work for every server, is just temporarily give the player admin and remove it. That drops your weight back to 80. Then after that players just have to be careful about managing what food they eat.

Edited by Sedgwick

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally, it seems to me that you can not sit on such a strong calorie deficit. If I were you, I would add more workouts to gain muscle mass. Recently, I also decided to start losing weight and found one cool program https://reverse.health/. The coolest thing is that this program is suitable for any age. With the help of this program, I managed to lose 7 kilograms in a very short period of time. So I recommend you find a suitable program to help you lose weight.

Edited by stasikpasik