Best long blunt? I like spiked baseball bats but don't like using up the limited supply while I grind Maintenance. Any suggestions?

Laker

On 12/15/2021 at 5:58 AM, BeatlJoe said:

I also liked bats, but I discovered a garden fork. They don't wear out so fast and are faster than bats (my opinion).

I tried the garden hoe - works wonderfully.  Thanks for the suggestion.

13 hours ago, MariusTitus said:

Crowbars? They are 2h blunt and withstand horrible things..

I've never used crowbars much - I'm guessing that they last a long time before breaking?  I checked the weight of the weapons in discussion - spiked plank was 3.1 pds, crowbar was 2.0 pds, and the garden hoe was 1.5 pds.  I really like using the garden hoe - can use a long time before stamina becomes an issue.  I'll give crowbars a try today.  

12 hours ago, DXPOHIHIHI said:

Yeah crowbars are the best in terms of durability and decent damage, and they're one of the long blunts that don't tire the character alot.

I finding that out right now.  Just doesn't reduce stamina much at all.  It's become my go-to.  If I find a garden hoe, I will use that.  Takes getting used to - such a long reach on it.  But you can't beat the crowbar for durability - no worrying about it breaking in the middle of a horde fight.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 12:14 PM, Laker said:

I finding that out right now.  Just doesn't reduce stamina much at all.  It's become my go-to.  If I find a garden hoe, I will use that.  Takes getting used to - such a long reach on it.  But you can't beat the crowbar for durability - no worrying about it breaking in the middle of a horde fight.

Crowbars changed my game up!  Garden hoes are great too, but far less durable.  I enjoy sneaking and using the hunting knife for easy insta-kills and decent damage (*and trash durability).  Still haven't tried axes yet but I have a hand axe and full size one kicking around that I'll try out soon.  What are your favorite weapons (general question to all), and favorite clothing/armors?

• 3 weeks later...

Shouldn't the maintenance XP gain actually logically be the other way around, so you would gain XP when the item breaks?

You won't learn much about maintenance by using an item that never breaks, but seeing items break can actually give you understanding about how and where to make them more durable. Or how to use them in future in a way that won't make them break so quickly.

Not sure what this would do to the game mechanics, but I think it would make more sense.

Archived