Steam Release - 20th Dec 2013 - Build 21

lemmy101

console is not working for Macs.

Rathlord has walked you through this in the past.
The crash origins from the insanely low performance and lagging, so to be honest I see no reason to check the error log. Also, there is no 'crash report', since it doesn't actually crash, just lag to death so I have to killall it.
You mean to say that "There is no crash -- I abort the process?" Even if that's the case, there might well be console output that could indicate why the problem gets worse over time. Though, I have to admit, having performance range from 0 to 30 is itself circumspect, as the game tends to hit a specific mark and stay there -- even if it doesn't feel that way (for example, when the game was low-performing on my system, it remained around 15 - 18 fps).

I'm not at all complaining, just saying that since I bought this game (on desura, it was maybe 2.9.9.10?) performance has just been getting worse and worse and slowly made me not play at all, absolutely no enjoyment, just coding some stuff here and there. I know it's not your fault and performance has improved to a lot of people, but for me, it just didn't work out ^^.

console is not working for Macs.

Rathlord has walked you through this in the past.
The crash origins from the insanely low performance and lagging, so to be honest I see no reason to check the error log. Also, there is no 'crash report', since it doesn't actually crash, just lag to death so I have to killall it.
You mean to say that "There is no crash -- I abort the process?" Even if that's the case, there might well be console output that could indicate why the problem gets worse over time. Though, I have to admit, having performance range from 0 to 30 is itself circumspect, as the game tends to hit a specific mark and stay there -- even if it doesn't feel that way (for example, when the game was low-performing on my system, it remained around 15 - 18 fps).

I'm not at all complaining, just saying that since I bought this game (on desura, it was maybe 2.9.9.10?) performance has just been getting worse and worse and slowly made me not play at all, absolutely no enjoyment, just coding some stuff here and there. I know it's not your fault and performance has improved to a lot of people, but for me, it just didn't work out ^^.

have you tried to change the resolution? with my old cpu that has helped

have you tried to change the resolution? with my old cpu that has helped

I get 60fps-ish with an Intel Pentium D 3.0GHz when my res is 800x600, if turn it up past that I lag too hard to play.

mind your system specifications bro, the older your parts the lower you're gunna have to set settings for newer games (even though this game may have what seems like an extremely outdated rendering system, the devs probably built it on the newest, or close to newest hardware out there, meaning they have a lot more room for processing, making it impossible to run on any non dual core processor.

If you do change the res the only difference is things are "zoomed in" and the MASSIVE performance increase.

hope this fixes your problem and/or helps you understand why things like this occur.

Cheers mate,

-Naylo

Any options, FPS is completely random from 0 to 30, console is not working for Macs.

not sure if this will help cause you're on a mac, but change your settings to the recommended locked framerate of 30, turn on multi-core and set lighting to the lowest setting. that is the only way i was able to fix the lag completely and run at solid 30 frames in these latest beta builds.

corn field spawns nails, tissues, magazines and the likes but never corn :shock:  seems a little weird 

this is the place i checked 

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5726360637713025,0.1832737768004612,31.95900439238653

Do you play with mods ? maybe some that modify item distribution, cuz I'm settled there and I found corn in the south-west field (and nothing else yet), so it definetly spawns.

Do you play with mods ? maybe some that modify item distribution, cuz I'm settled there and I found corn in the south-west field (and nothing else yet), so it definetly spawns.

i have lots of mods so it must be one of them since you were able to find corn there

well, i should be off to find the one responsible for this  :sad:

• 2 weeks later...