Steam Release - 20th Dec 2013 - Build 21

lemmy101

RJ , about the small rain collectors again... :)

No crash this time,  but I can't build another small rain collector there (attached image). Actually not only there... There are free spots where I can and some others where I can't, while, for example, I can build a crate everywhere.

siKE4vC.png

If you need other pics or save, please let me know.

Not Desura yet. As I say, the process to update Desura is a lot longer and we'd likely have had crashy versions up there a lot longer if we didn't hold back. I can only really release later tonight anyway due to time zones (Desura versions need approving Desura end) Just want a day or so of seeing everything working on all three platforms without serious issues and I'll update, promise x

Not Desura yet. As I say, the process to update Desura is a lot longer and we'd likely have had crashy versions up there a lot longer if we didn't hold back. I can only really release later tonight anyway due to time zones (Desura versions need approving Desura end) Just want a day or so of seeing everything working on all three platforms without serious issues and I'll update, promise x

Cool, thanks for the clarification :)

The 'Reload' setting in the Options menu is still broken/missing.

Also, with the updated version (on the iwillbackup branch), the launcher webpage information no longer fits the large opened 'browser' window... I can only read as far as the "for those having issues" line, and nothing below it. Since there are no scrollbars, there's no way to read or know if there IS anything below that line. On the upside, the launcher seems to load a lot faster than the last version.

I would like to make another plea to please not force that big window/webbrowser launcher on us every time we run the game; at least make the launcher optional for those of us who already know what mode we want to run in and don't want to see that webpage every time. It's a real pain to have this giant window pop up and have to confirm/click a second time, even when I just want to quickly test something. Since there's no "return to menu" in the game, this means going through the whole cycle of the launcher every time we reload/restart/get killed. :(

Finally, is there a way to skip the "Early Access Notice" text at the start that needs click-cancelling whenever starting the game (I think I've read it enough times, now!)? PZ is such a great and fun game, but having to perform half a dozen clicks just to get back to playing a saved game is rather painful. :)

This release is amazing. I absolutely love the lightning and thunder. There are some issues I've ran into, the major one being an upstairs window in my west point safe house.

It's the house in my lp, the one directly south of the shack on the ocean. On the corner of the street.

Upstairs in the south east bedroom the eastern window can't be used because it clicks on the dresser behind the window instead. I'll try to upload a screenshot when I get home.

console is not working for Macs.

Rathlord has walked you through this in the past.

The crash origins from the insanely low performance and lagging, so to be honest I see no reason to check the error log. Also, there is no 'crash report', since it doesn't actually crash, just lag to death so I have to killall it.

console is not working for Macs.

Rathlord has walked you through this in the past.
The crash origins from the insanely low performance and lagging, so to be honest I see no reason to check the error log. Also, there is no 'crash report', since it doesn't actually crash, just lag to death so I have to killall it.

You mean to say that "There is no crash -- I abort the process?" Even if that's the case, there might well be console output that could indicate why the problem gets worse over time. Though, I have to admit, having performance range from 0 to 30 is itself circumspect, as the game tends to hit a specific mark and stay there -- even if it doesn't feel that way (for example, when the game was low-performing on my system, it remained around 15 - 18 fps).