farming and trapping in multiplayer?

rosedragon

Hello! I been mostly play single player and this mp update is my first time playing multiplayer. I have a few questions about farming and trapping. 

Farming:

So I planted potato on 18:00 monday, I got them  ripes on 12:00 tuesday while it is supposedly they ripe on 23:00 tuesday (it says 29 days avg to ripe in game). The server setting for farming speed is normal, server time is 1 hour irl = 1 day in game. They are not given fertilizer. The only nature setting changed was plant resilience to high. 

potato.jpg.716d8171513fafd0776c765c7ef91196.jpg

So umm... how do I actually count when I should login to harvest my crops? Potatoes are forgiving at least, but I lost cabbages twice since they are faster to rot. 

Trapping:

So again with the 1 hour irl = 1 day in game time. Does it mean that I need to check traps every hour? 

Thank you!

Server time will "go on" if there is someone logged in at any time and it'll affect your "stuff" even if you're not logged in.... So answering a question like "how often should I log in" is rather impossible as it all depends on how many players are there at any given time. 

That said, I am not sure these settings have been fully updated yet as the main focus of the testing branch is/was on the MP part. 

5 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Server time will "go on" if there is someone logged in at any time and it'll affect your "stuff" even if you're not logged in.... So answering a question like "how often should I log in" is rather impossible as it all depends on how many players are there at any given time. 

That said, I am not sure these settings have been fully updated yet as the main focus of the testing branch is/was on the MP part. 

It is dedicated server, isn't that means it will keep running even if no one around?

Archived