[41.60] Low spawn of cigarettes

NagashUD

It could very well be something to sever spawns. The group I play with haven't ran into this problem yet in the new update.

Try starting a new sever and checking Rosewood super market just in case.

I find that housing isn't a very good place to find them but alas that could be to a bunch of different things.

18 minutes ago, ajzoo04 said:

It could very well be something to sever spawns. The group I play with haven't ran into this problem yet in the new update.

Try starting a new sever and checking Rosewood super market just in case.

I find that housing isn't a very good place to find them but alas that could be to a bunch of different things.

I play in solo and didn't change the settings :/

mimo_za :

I don't find any in bars and/or gas starions; i found 40 cigarettes in a grocery store cupboard and once on a zombie (killed 600 of them). After 3 weeks of survival, i just found in total 80 cigarettes .... Damn non smoker towns :angry:

Looking the Lua.Distribution file, here where Cigarettes can be found :

-
inventoryfemale
-inventorymale
-sidetable
-Bag_BigHikingBag
-Bag_GolfBag
-Bag_NormalHikingBag
-Bag_Schoolbag
-Bag_WorkerBag
-Handbag
-Purse

Bit weird to find Cigarettes in a golfbag tho ? and just only on side table furniture

I would normally question putting them in school bags. but you find most of them in either high school or the extremely rare case of finding a pack within what would be like a 3rd graders bag.

the loot spawn on it seems awfully small from what I recall when you could walk into a gas station and just be flooded out with cigarettes. 

48 minutes ago, ajzoo04 said:

I would normally question putting them in school bags. but you find most of them in either high school or the extremely rare case of finding a pack within what would be like a 3rd graders bag.

the loot spawn on it seems awfully small from what I recall when you could walk into a gas station and just be flooded out with cigarettes. 

I think gas stations and bars should have more of them indeed, grocery stores as well (i suppose they were selling cigs there during 90's in USA) ;

We had trouble with this at first too but we're all good now - found more than enough in DESKS in offices, around homes etc. Bars have also had a okayish amount.

That said, gas stations, grocery stores, hardware stores should carry more. It's essentially free trait points, though, so I don't mind them being a bit more scarce in the beginning.

18 hours ago, Bambino said:

The rarity of cigs is a good thing. As a negative trait, it makes sense. Although, they really aren't all that hard to find if you know where to find them. Even on a server filled at the 32 player cap.

No offence but i didn't see any post of people were complaining on the past versions about it, maybe it meant that was balanced before?

1 hour ago, NagashUD said:

No offence but i didn't see any post of people were complaining on the past versions about it, maybe it meant that was balanced before?

I bring this up because I see a lot of complaints in TIS Discord & on the server I play on.

They made the smoker trait worse than it was before. From what I can gather, the devs didn't like people thinking of it as a throwaway perk for free points, so now they made cigs rarer, and made the anxiety and depression debuffs more powerful. Also, just from gameplay, I think they might have increased the rarity of matches/lighters.

I'm sorry, but they also made it to where if you don't smoke for a long enough time, you'll commit suicide.

9 hours ago, Extrema said:

Also, just from gameplay, I think they might have increased the rarity of matches/lighters.

Yeah, lighters/matches are also more rare  indeed, but i think the devs are still balancing the items in the new procedural items distribution. Hoping for the best in the next update !

And to make a statistic, here we go :
"In 1990, an estimated 89.9 million (50.1%) U.S. adults were ever smokers, and 45.8 million (25.5%) were current smokers. Approximately 44.1 million (49.1% of all ever smokers) were former smokers in 1990."

Edited by NagashUD

31 minutes ago, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

. Enough pot and stogies to last a lifetime, just no way to light them...

That's the definition of Sadness ! :lol:

Still can find some matches/lighters in zombies corpses sometimes, but as i play on "6 month after apocalypse", cigs are really a rare thing, just found 20 cigs in a zombie corpse on my new game; none were in bar/gas station around my starting point :(

On 13/12/2021 at 17:57, NagashUD said:

Salve,
trovo a malapena le sigarette; ho controllato distributori di benzina, bar, case e negozi;
A volte si mettono 2-3 sigarette su un tavolino da bar; In passato, la generazione di sigarette era più comune;
È dovuto alla nuova lista di spawn degli oggetti?

in gas stations it is full looking good

10 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Are we talking MP or SP with these rarity issues? It seems here is something odd going on with distribution between different modes - the Team are looking into this. 

I was talking about SP, 6 month after apocalypse, rare loot; Seems like the distribution is a bit better since the last update, so you guys are on the good way ;