weight vs size

zombie3925

OK something I'd like to see implemented in a lot of games but pz in particular I think would benefit from. I don't like how nearly all games have a weight limit. Sure it makes sense on the surface, humans can only carry so much weight but I don't think it translates cleverly to games. My suggestion is to think of the item in how easy it would be to carry,rather than its weight. For example if I handed you a large empty cardboard box you'd easily carry it but if I handed you 6 of them, you wouldn't. I think this gives much more versatility when giving items specific values.

OK something I'd like to see implemented in a lot of games but pz in particular I think would benefit from. I don't like how nearly all games have a weight limit. Sure it makes sense on the surface, humans can only carry so much weight but I don't think it translates cleverly to games. My suggestion is to think of the item in how easy it would be to carry,rather than its weight. For example if I handed you a large empty cardboard box you'd easily carry it but if I handed you 6 of them, you wouldn't. I think this gives much more versatility when giving items specific values.

The inventory will probably get overhauled, it might have a system that shows bulky items better but the current weight system will have to do.

The current system represents how "encumbered" you are. The "weight" is more or less how hard it is to carry, not a physical weight (like, 5lbs). This is why a box of 100 nails "weighs" a lot less than 100 nails out of the box. The box is easier to carry, thus encumbers you less. There are a few inconsistencies but if they made it too realistic the grind would be ridiculously boring for a game. (try carrying 4 logs at once, each weighing 50+ lbs, when you're also carrying an axe in 1 hand an a hiking bag in the other, lol)

Like a sand bag is 3 weight (your character can carry 16 with the strong trait and up to 50 as max encumbrance), even though in real life they'd be like 50lbs/bag.

There are a few inconsistencies but if they made it too realistic the grind would be ridiculously boring for a game. (try carrying 4 logs at once, each weighing 50+ lbs, when you're also carrying an axe in 1 hand an a hiking bag in the other, lol)

Like a sand bag is 3 weight (your character can carry 16 with the strong trait and up to 50 as max encumbrance), even though in real life they'd be like 50lbs/bag.

There are ways to remedy this: NPCs, hauling/dragging items and vehicles.