Loot Spawn Rarity is bugged.

ANoNameIs

I've done a bit of testing, and it seems like the spawn rates for food, weapons, and other items aren't working the way they did in the single player Beta. Even on Extremely Rare setting for all items, in the 41 Multiplayer Beta it's consistently possible to find 4+ sources of food, canned and fresh, and weapons, where on Apocalypse Settings, at Rare for everything, Starting houses rarely give out more than 2 food sources. I've tried adjusting the loot spawn tables using the server host to no success to get around this. Is this as intended, or is this a bug? Perhaps related to the Zombie Spawning bug?

I am also curious about this.  I know they added in a lot of new items and had to adjust to multiple players in a game, but it seems the singleplayer loot settings are not adjusted.  I put my loot settings for food to Extremely rare and I still find a ton of items.  My fridge is jam packed with food for only looting a few houses in a few days.  I would imagine this will be adjusted in the future, but I've heard no word. 

We are 6 guys experiencing similar things on dedicated MP. We tried starting from scratch twice, and made sure the settings are as they should be. We are not sure, but it feels like the settings might be ignored and default loot values are used? We run everything on Extremely Rare. The only things we find to be extremely rare is sledgehammers, lighters and matches.

As an example, after an hour or two of looting we basically found every skillbook in the game. Twice.

Edited by Muggi
spelling mistakes

I think I've been experiencing the same issue on my dedicated servers.
I normally play SP with most loot at extremely rare, but it seems I'm finding at least more food than usual on my MP servers with the same settings. I want to say meds are also bugged, but in some loot spots you find what you would expect, but others it's seemingly overflowing. Same thing with bullets. 
The rest seem to check out, with the exception of books and crafting materials as I normally keep those at 'vanilla' or slightly more than. So I can't give a good gauge on what I should be finding on extremely rare. 

I started a few new games in different zones with 'Extremely Rare' food settings and I've noticed a drop in loot now.  I've went around and checked about a dozen houses in each zone.  I'm not sure if they fixed it in the new patch or not, but it's not as abundant as when 41.60 launched.  I'll usually get 1-3 items in the fridge/freezer and 1-3 can goods, sometimes ill get nothing, very rare I'll get a bunch.  I'm gonna start a new run and play it thru and see how it goes.  I'll check back later.

Edited by doublestack2411