Can't respawn from the death screen

Kappatao

Whenever I die in the new MP branch, I'm not able to "respawn" using the "create new character" button from the death screen. It just pops up the red error box and doesn't do anything. This is in MP and SP, but it's especially problematic in MP because I then have to close down any hosted server and create a new character from the main menu.

This is happening consistently (for me) in vanilla. To reproduce it should be fairly simple. create a character, get character killed, and click the button. I'd provide error logs if I knew where to find them.

This is happening to me and it's extremely frustrating. I've tried on a modded server, and it doesn't work. I uninstalled all mods and reinstalled the game and it doesn't work. Still searching for solutions but I only know of 3 people who this has happened to in the past few days. Hopefully this gets fixed or I find a solution fast!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I've got a new game going hosting new players who are dying a LOT, and we've found that more often than not they respawn at the designated spawn coordinates rather than their safehouse. This has happened about 5/8 times (in three instances, players were able to respawn at their safehouse. These same players also suffered the same bug as the rest on other occasions).

It's just as you said- error message pops up, create character menu never appears after clicking the button. Haven't died as a host yet, but jeeeez yep that would be annoying.

Logs attached. I can reproduce the bug, but I can't actually reproduce a working case.

Edit: Before anyone asks, this is on vanilla stable build.

Edit2: Tested this on the previous 2 beta builds as well, exact same outcome.

Edit3: Tried this with a variety of respawn settings on the stable build, same outcome every time.

Note: Not sure how they did it, but I did personally witness a successful safehouse respawn and no appearance of the new character error for one player on their first death. On subsequent deaths, same bugged outcome as above.

30-12-21_00-50-58_DebugLog.txt 30-12-21_01-19-13_DebugLog-server.txt

Edited by trombonaught

21 hours ago, Evul said:

do you have the setting allow all clothing?

If so disable that I've hade the same problem on my dedicated with that setting enabled. Disabling it solved that.

I noticed that my error log had a long list of duped items, so that definitely seems related. I tested it out in a few cases and you're absolutely right! It also seems fine to toggle this setting after server creation (that is, if you had this enabled when the server was made, you can disable it to fix safehouse spawns and things will still run alright). Thanks @Evul!!!