Much difficulty with crashing

DivinePrototype

Question

Hey there guys, I've been experiencing a lot of trouble upon creating a new save file and spawning. I had just downloaded the game through Desura this morning (after checking out that nice little tech demo, I must say I love where this game is heading), though from what I've gathered Desura seems muay unreliable. Upon spawning and crashing I get a display driver error. Updating the driver as I write but I've yet to see if it will work. Ive tried running the game on Desura and the stand-alone file with the same end result.

Any suggestions guys? Oh yeah, and once this is all resolved I can't wait to become an active member of the TIS community, this game is dope!

20 answers to this question

Well guys for now I've downloaded the game onto another laptop until I can restore the laptop I'm using now. Hope after a full wipe and restore my computer should be generally less laggy. :P Thanks for all the help, I still have no idea whats going on with that. Gotta say though, the game is kick ass so far.

Thanks for the patience and help everyone. Yes, they are generic intel drivers,and I ran the tool but it wouldn't boot. I did go through the device manager and it says my drivers are up to date. Trying to uninstall and reinstall the game now.

Unlikely to help, unfortunately :/

Q. My game doesn't save -- something about an "error code 5" appears in Command Prompt | "permission denied"

Q. There is some error in my command prompt saying something about “Access is denied” and “Exception in thread “Thread-5”!

Seek the FAQ, my friend, and tell us of your journey.

Make sure your dx is updated. Your vid drivers are as well. If you're running sli... try setting it to just use the one card. Running it as administrator.... all the usual stuff. Shouldn't have much in the way of issues.

Dx? I'm sorry I'm not very tech savvy. Driver and java is updated, yet no luck. Tried restarting the laptop, not entirely sure where to go from here. I just noticed both Java 6 and 7 are installed, would uninstalling Java 6 help maybe?

The display adapter is Intel® HD Graphics if that helps, Intel® 5 Series/3400 chipset.

Cant see that it would hurt :) Personally.. I've only got the one v7 installed here. Could be getting a conflict if you have them both... though I don't know why you would :)

DX = direct x. Latest version of that installed as well :)

Hmm..I'm not sure how to take a screencap, but I will. I know I've seen the WARNING: could not open/creat prefs root node Software\Javasoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.  And found unknown windows version: windows 7 attempting to use default windows plug in.

And then a list of errors.

The found unknown windows version thing is a known bug/non-issue. It's not actually having an effect. If you take a minute to look through your programs Windows has some kind of screen capping software (I forget what it's called) that you can open and use to take a pic of the window, then post to imgur. On Macs you can just control + shift + 3 from anywhere and it will take a screen shot, I think there's a command for it on Windows as well.

Archived