IWBMS RELEASED: 'iwillbackupmysave' - Launcher test

lemmy101

Erm yep, need this save, it work like a charm here :(

Sure. How can I send you the file?

I usually use wetransfer that means I need your email, or what do you suggest? I am not sure if you approve the use of links of upload sites in this forum so I am asking.

Should I send you a private message?

Just PM.

PM Sent

We ditched launcher for mac, for now, we'll continue to poke at it in the background.

Linux users, any feedback on launcher for you peeps would be mucho appreciatio

The launcher is working fine for me.

Still having some problems, though.

-Performance wise, it used to run much better on the older builds (RC 2.5). Using recommended settings (resolution much lowered, native  would be 1680x1050) it runs quite ok, but the options screen is cut off.

-The multicore option still resets to "NO", will there be a solution for this in the foreseeable future? (as I guess having that working, the performance should be much better)

I am on Archlinux, 64bit.

System specs: Amd Phenom II x4 940 (AM2+)

Amd Radeon HD 6870 with proprietary drivers, catalyst up-to-date

4GB DDR2 800

JRE-openjdk7

Erm yep, need this save, it work like a charm here :(

Sure. How can I send you the file?

I usually use wetransfer that means I need your email, or what do you suggest? I am not sure if you approve the use of links of upload sites in this forum so I am asking.

Should I send you a private message?

Just PM.

PM Sent

Ok, just fixed it :) Thanks a lot for the save, it helped me a lot !

Ok, ran for about a hour just after this last update (about 9 hours ago) and performance was great. Didnt degrade at all.

Still get bsod (BLACK screen of death ;) ) on normal mode, compatability works fine. Book bug of  reading a book within 1 second no matter what the level of it still happens.

Im not sure why, but i seem to keep getting injured and breaking a bone pretty fast.  My first character lasted 3 hours and died due to broken bones right off the bat, lol.  I need to do some more testing on this because im not strait vanilla, a few mods in but none of them should effect that.

Neo scavenger is taking to much of my time, but ill get some more testing time on this hopefully tonight.

Ok, just fixed it :) Thanks a lot for the save, it helped me a lot !

Great!

:)

This is actually the first time game crashes while I'm trying to build something.

Other crashes were just for the going upstairs problem you seem to know very well about (where character seems to "float" for a second, then the game crashes). Actually, that happened to me only 3-4 times. No big deal.

Talking about the pre-launcher version (haven't checked with new version)I had a weird problem I can't really find where to post, it's something about "items in some part of map back to a previous position when resume game", that occured more than once.

I mean, I have a problem I can't access a second floor and if I understood correctly I should post it here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3659-map-specific-problems/

As I said I am not sure where to post this other "problem" or if it's actually something new for you or worth a bug report. I searched in the forum for a similar thread, I found this one:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2080-disappearing-game-stuff-items/?hl=%2Bdisappearing+%2Bitems

So, where am I supposed to post? Here or there?

One thing ive noticed before ive actually gone into the game with this last update is, i can resize the new launcher window, but there is no way to scroll if i make it smaller the default size.  Not really a big deal.

Forgot to say last time and this time, it doesnt do the steam option now. So no needing to hit compatibility mode x2. 

Speaking of compatibility mode, this last update looks great for the options to launch the game.  Eather   "launch project zomboid" or "black screen workaround" 

game crashed after I tried to make a cheese sandwich

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor212.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.caller.MethodCaller.call(MethodCaller.java:61)
    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.LuaJavaInvoker.call(LuaJavaInvoker.java:199)
    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.expose.MultiLuaJavaInvoker.call(MultiLuaJavaInvoker.java:55)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:179)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:974)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:160)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1714)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1674)
    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:38)
    at zombie.ui.UIElement.update(UIElement.java:1140)
    at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1256)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:618)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1136)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:968)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:112)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at zombie.inventory.ItemContainer.AddItem(ItemContainer.java:376)
    ... 24 more

windows 8

i7-920

amd 7970

8gb ram

• 2 weeks later...

I can't really call it a problem, just something I noticed and I don't remember reading it in the forum (sorry if someone already wrote about this).

Last item I built before digging was a crate above other 2 crates inside a house.

A couple of in-game days later, I took  the trowel to dig, I selected DIG, but first thing I saw was the crate image again, just like when you press build and select an item, (but you can't actually build anything).

Pressing R solved the "problem" (it's possible to dig when it went back to position "number 1"). When I pressed R again, obviously the crate was there again. Not sure, maybe because the crate was my last built item or not, maybe it's just a default element when you press R with the trowel in that particular situation.

Anyway, after noticing that I closed the game and restarted to check again and found out the problem "disappeared".

Looks like it happens when you build something before digging, but I'm not sure if it happens only with crates or not.

It's not a problem and game doesn't crash or anything like that.