possible animation for guns

Official Le Fishe

So i was watching Pr1vate Lime, i recommend him btw, and i noticed him shove a zombie over with a shotgun and start to stomp its head in, and i asked, why cant you just bash the head of the zombie in with the butt of the gun. Now of course i dont mean pistols, but the rifles and shotguns in the game certainly have stocks long enough to bash in the heads of the undead.

I think it would be a cool animation for when you have a long gun equipped and press the stomp/shove button.

it would have more sense if guns would be dismantleable for parts(firing pin,breech,springs,trigger,screws and bolts,stock,slide,grip.etc),i mean, parts would degrade separately,mechanical parts because of firing and stock because of hitting zeds,besides it would require other button than for stomping because its default for all weapons both firearms and melee,i would rather prefer bayonets for guns instead of just bashing them with stock,it would be more efficient,i even wrote about them some time ago

5 minutes ago, MrTrololo said:

it would have more sense if guns would be dismantleable for parts(firing pin,breech,springs,trigger,screws and bolts,stock,slide,grip.etc),i mean, parts would degrade separately,mechanical parts because of firing and stock because of hitting zeds,besides it would require other button than for stomping because its default for all weapons both firearms and melee,i would rather prefer bayonets for guns instead of just bashing them with stock,it would be more efficient,i even wrote about them some time ago

yeah i would like to see bayonets that turn them into spears or something like that

5 minutes ago, Official Le Fishe said:

yeah i would like to see bayonets that turn them into spears or something like that

for long guns they would literally turn them into spears,including spear charge ability

for short ones they would work pletty like regular knives-character will stab zombies if they are too close,additionaly like with knives character would be able to perform silent takedown from behind

also for both types stabbing knocked down zombies(performed on zombies if character standing very near and aiming on them with LMB otherwise character will shoot like usual)

7 hours ago, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

I just got a runny mental image with a character with 1 point in aiming and reloading, turning a 12 gauge around with a round in the chamber, blowing his head off after smashing said zombie.

Something about the barrel direction at the time of impact, and a character with limited knowledge of firearms.

lol