Coordinate Viewer (v0.7.2)

RoboMat

Coordinate Viewer

coordinateViewer.png

This mod shows you the relative and absolute coordinates of your player. You can activate the small overlay by pressing 'P' ingame. I first made this mod for the map-issues thread to ease the pain of reporting map bugs for both the players and MashPotato :)

Now I mostly use it to find decent spawnpoints for player professions :P

Download from pz-mods.net

8o6exC7.png

Permission (Click the spiffo for more informations):
MODS_01.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw after that's communication stuff is on TIS forum so :

Hi RoboMat ! (it was today but soon soon soon in the night for french)

Well done for your job and the others I discover all just there so I will test it.

If I can submit an idea this mod were more funny if we need to find a GPS to have our coordinate, and of course batery are needed, this can be not necessary a car GPS but a little GPS like on BOAT just with coordinate like your mod ;)

Of course I understand the admin side who have ;)

I think you have absolute world coordinates (image the whole map, put coordinates on it). Then you have a cell which is 300x300 squares if I remember correctly. The world is made of cells and you have the coordinates of the cell and its square (your position within the cell) which is relative to the cell.

On the picture, the cell in which the player is has coordinates (35,35) among the cells, player square is (142,211) within the cell and player square in the world is (10642, 10411).

Unless you use mouse events you won't have to do much conversions.

If I can submit an idea this mod were more funny if we need to find a GPS to have our coordinate, and of course batery are needed, this can be not necessary a car GPS but a little GPS like on BOAT just with coordinate like your mod ;)

I've been thinking about a simple GPS feature and it should be doable. First, I want to update / finish my other projects though ;)

This one is more for map creators / modders :)

Great mod, but what's the difference between absolute and relative please?

I'm sure it's obvious, but it wasn't obvious to me... :-|

Exactly what Kyun said :)

• 4 weeks later...

When I load PZ in build 23, the following appears in my java log file:

Mod Loaded: Coordinate Viewer by RoboMat & Turbotutone (v0.7.2)
Info log:
ERROR: 0:1: '' :  version '130' is not supported

Something else I noticed is that the version of Coordinate Viewer on this page is 0.6.0, but on pz-mods.net the version 0.7.2 - does this need an update?

http://pz-mods.net/other/CoordinateViewer/

I'm running Coordinate Viewer 0.7.2 btw...

The error doesn't have anything to do with the mod ;)

The higher number is always the more recent one:

0.6.0 (older) -> 0.7.2 (newer).

I just didn't update the title of this thread.

You're right about the error - I see it in the java log all the time, regardless of whether CoordinateViewer is loaded or not. Forgot to edit my previous post though, oops.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, a little off-topic maybe but could this mod be used with a map such as blindcoder's. I ask because I've got a great save/life going but I'm kind of lost in the middle of the forest on my way to the well hunt and can't tell where I am looking at the map.

Hey guys, a little off-topic maybe but could this mod be used with a map such as blindcoder's. I ask because I've got a great save/life going but I'm kind of lost in the middle of the forest on my way to the well hunt and can't tell where I am looking at the map.

Would require Blindcoder adding a map coordinate overlay. There's nothing on his map currently that would facilitate coordinate navigation.

Blindcoder's map project does have some sort of coordinate system, but it's nowhere related to game coordinate system, I think.

In theory it should be possible because blindcoder actually has the same data as the game's map. So if he had an origin in game coordinates then he could calculate it fo the rest of the map.

The question is how much work that would be. I guess the only person who can answer this question is blindcoder himself.

Is there any tutorial on how to update our mod to build 25. I think I saw something but I can't find it :-|

Not really. I guess it comes down to figuring out how to do it yourself - or wait until someone finds out ;)

I'll take some time to see how it works then :P

I think there's a small bug in Coordinate Viewer. The value of CellY is 1 (one) higher than in PZWorldEd.

I've stumbled across this while implementing Coordinates into PZMap. Here's screenshots:

Coordinate Viewer: https://oc.anderdonau.de/public.php?service=files&t=ec22ea10164c1ed5ba2b2ba45e4e0c74

PZWorldEd for the same tile: https://oc.anderdonau.de/public.php?service=files&t=647df5ce31f018bc36f9faa1aac0a661

Everything else is equal, so I'm not quite sure which is right. Reading the spawnpoints, though, I guess that 32 (ie: PZWorldEd) is correct.

Aye ... might be a rounding bug.

Could you please replace this function:

----- Round up if decimal is higher than 0.5 and down if it is smaller.-- @param _num--local function round(_num)    local number = _num;    return number <= 0 and floor(number) or floor(number + 0.5);end

with this:

local function round(_num)    return _num;end

and see if the unrounded output is correct?

(I can't install PZWorldEd on my mac)