Start spawns in newest Steam build (West Point)

Banjo

Posting this as a new topic to separate it from other questions...

As noted in another thread, the new map selector system (Muldraugh or West Point) has broken my previous 'start spawn' mods. Understandable. My question is, what is the method to create new start spawns now? Previously, one did this:

require "NPCs/MainCreationMethods"SpawnPointsFarmvilleBanjo = {}SpawnPointsFarmvilleBanjo.DoSpawnPoint = function()	local spawnPoint = {            {worldX=3, worldY=3, posX=154, posY=129}, -- Pony Roam-o Ranch            {worldX=3, worldY=4, posX=214, posY=130}, -- Farm #2 (farmhouse)            {worldX=3, worldY=3, posX=24, posY=124}, -- Farm Community House #1            {worldX=3, worldY=3, posX=173, posY=201}, -- Farm Community House #2            {worldX=3, worldY=3, posX=152, posY=256}, -- Farm Community House #4            {worldX=3, worldY=3, posX=68, posY=244}, -- Farm Community House #6        };	BaseGameCharacterDetails.spawnPoint.constructionworker = spawnPoint;	BaseGameCharacterDetails.spawnPoint.fireofficer = spawnPoint;	BaseGameCharacterDetails.spawnPoint.securityguard = spawnPoint;	BaseGameCharacterDetails.spawnPoint.parkranger = spawnPoint;	BaseGameCharacterDetails.spawnPoint.policeofficer = spawnPoint;	BaseGameCharacterDetails.spawnPoint.unemployed = spawnPoint;endEvents.OnGameBoot.Add(SpawnPointsFarmvilleBanjo.DoSpawnPoint);

... but now that won't work, because we need spawns dependent on Muldraugh or West Point start choices, right?

I've tried tweaking it to add 'MuldraughKY', but can't get it working. Do we now need to just re-create the whole code chunk from MainCreationMethods as an 'overwrite', or is there a new form of the above that would work?

Obviously, the BEST way to do a mod like this now would be to add a custom 'map' choice alongside Muldraugh and West Point (for example: "Dixie Mobile Park") that uses it's own custom spawn list without needing to override the normal one for one or both default maps, but I don't know if that's possible at all or not yet.

If it is, does anybody know how? If not, what would be the new way to code/mod/change the spawn points for, say, West Point for ANY existing profession choice while a mod is activated?

Heyho,

I just got home from vacation so I haven't tried my mods with the newest builds (will do so today), but afaik you only have to add "MuldraughKY" and "WestPointKY" (Note the camel-casing on the last one) to differentiate the spawnpoints.

I suppose that the real problem is, that you are trying to use the "old" coordinates:

worldX=5, worldY=3 ...

But with the addition of WP the whole map shifted, so you have to recalculate the whole coordinates for your mods.

For example my burglar profession now uses this spawn-point for Muldraugh (it is the jail):

worldX = 35,worldY = 34,posX = 134,posY = 208,

Btw.: I updated my coordinate viewer so it shows you the relative coords directly on screen. Might be useful to you ;)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4226-coordinate-viewer-v050/

Heyho,

I just got home from vacation so I haven't tried my mods with the newest builds (will do so today), but afaik you only have to add "MuldraughKY" and "WestPointKY" (Note the camel-casing on the last one) to differentiate the spawnpoints.

I suppose that the real problem is, that you are trying to use the "old" coordinates:

worldX=5, worldY=3 ...
But with the addition of WP the whole map shifted, so you have to recalculate the whole coordinates for your mods.

For example my burglar profession now uses this spawn-point for Muldraugh (it is the jail):

worldX = 35,worldY = 34,posX = 134,posY = 208,
Btw.: I updated my coordinate viewer so it shows you the relative coords directly on screen. Might be useful to you ;)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4226-coordinate-viewer-v050/

Thanks for the help and info, mate!

They changed the co-ordinate system? Wait, seriously, ALL my co-ordinate research (including the big spreadsheet I posted a while back) is now useless?! :cry: That's pretty disheartening! Is there any way to 'convert' the old ones to new ones (via a formula) or would I have to go back and revisit every single location again? For example, my previous co-ords for the Muldraugh jail cell spawn was {worldX=10, worldY=9, posX=134, posY=209}, so it seems like it might be possible! Fingers crossed!

Regardless, your updated Co-Ordinate Viewer mod sounds great (I used the old one for my previous mods, but of course had to convert to spawn-usable values manually/via an excel sheet). One problem, though... when I try and download it from PZ Mods, the download button only downloads "coords.png" (the preview pic)! :???: Never had a prob with any other mod download there before, so a bit confused by that!

Hopefully the devs will enable adding new maps to PZ eventually too, so that the more 'hacky' way of doing it (for all professions, as I'm attempting) is not needed.

Once I've got the new Co-Ordinate Viewer, I'll try grabbing a few test co-ords and using my original code with them, and your tip. Where do I add the MuldraughKY and/or WestPointKY lines, though, if I want to replace spawn points for all professions as my previous mod did? The only examples I could find were for single professions, not "all of them". Sorry to be a pain!

Regardless, your updated Co-Ordinate Viewer mod sounds great (I used the old one for my previous mods, but of course had to convert to spawn-usable values manually/via an excel sheet). One problem, though... when I try and download it from PZ Mods, the download button only downloads "coords.png" (the preview pic)! :???: Never had a prob with any other mod download there before, so a bit confused by that!

Retry it now ;) No wonder it downloaded the preview pic ... that's what I uploaded by accident :D

We don't changed the coordinates, we just added a +25/+25 x/y to Muldraugh and +15/+25 for WP :)

Mystery Solved :D