Merge All option for items like Thread

Sedgwick

Good day survivors!

This is a pretty niche request and doesn't come up all that often early on in game, but I think an option to merge all of certain types of items that can combine together (think thread, duct tape, wire, etc.) would be nice. In many games you won't have all that many, and combining them one at a time is just a handful of clicks. At high level tailoring, however, you can end up with hundreds of 0.1 weight thread in a single day of zombie killing and clothes ripping. While a low weight individually you can end up encumbered rather quickly since higher level tailors can get new thread from most articles of clothing.

The problem comes down to a similar one that tailoring had before the "patch all" option which is that if you'd like to condense those threads down to a smaller amount of spools to save space you're clicking hundreds of times for in an game action that takes just a second. Three to four hundred individual spools of 0.1 thread can be 30+ weight, but condense down to 30-40 spools of thread that'll only weigh about 3-4 weight afterwards, but in real time you're spending many minutes to click through the menu hundreds of times.

Like I said, it's not a super common problem to deal with unless you have abundant loot and lots of items or high level tailoring where you can easily generate hundreds of items in a relatively short amount of time, but it would definitely make my arm feel better than trying to merge together all that thread. I did a batch of about 350 spools and decided not to do it again and just let a bunch of half spools of thread fill my shelves from now on.

My only other idea is to let thread ripped from some clothes automatically fill a spool that you have in your inventory. That would be far easier for a player but if there was any other technical issues with that then an option in the "add to" menu of an item like thread so a player can fast forward through combining them all would be nice, or at least save the hand pain of trying to click through a few hundred times for something trivial to save space.

Thanks for checking out my thread!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...