[Obsolete - merged into CCCP mod] Food for the Zombie Apocalypse

MickyPain

EDIT:

The contents of this mod have all been merged into my new mod CCCP with some changes and many new items and recipes]

Alright, here it is, my first mod.
Nothing earth-shattering, I just started adding some new items and recipes to the game and figured I might as well share it with the community.

So far, everything seems to work fine in the current Beta (2.9.9.17 open and hidden beta), the items show up and the recipes work "vanilla" and with "crafthelper" and "lockpicking" mod running.
Backup your saves or start a new one if you want to try this, I can't guarantee that it works older versions and/or different mods.
Shouldn't cause any issues, it's just a few text files and a lua distribution script, but who knows....

So, without further ado:

sxEyJou.jpg

A mini-disclaimer here:
Originally I was using the [sic] Food Expantion: Jerky 1.0 [sic] mod by jerrylwatsonjr, but that one hasn't seen any updates since August and is not set-up to work with the mod loader. So instead I grabbed some pieces, simplified some recipes and absorbed it into this one. If there are any objections to this I will remove the jerky pieces from the mod.

New Items:

pjlnJi4.jpg

Baking Tray (not new, but added to the distribution list)
Canned Apple
Canned Peach
Canned Pear
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Dough
Cookie Dough
Pizza Dough
Dark Chocolate
White Chocolate
Garlic Powder
Herring
Homemade Bread
Jelly and Jam (Strawberry, Apple, Orange, Wildberry, Grape)
Jelly Sandwich
Peanut-butter Sandwich
Peanut-butter and Jelly Sandwich
Liquid Smoke
Marinade (Simple and yummmy-yummy, for Jerky)
Mason Jar
Pasta
Pasta Bowl
Pepper
Pie Plate
Homemade Pie
Pizza (boring, simple and awesome as pie and in slices)
Salt Shaker
Sliced Onion
Sliced Tomato
Sliced Apple
Soy Sauce
Stir-Fry
Worcestershire Sauce
Yeast

New Recipes:

Slice Apple
Slice Onion
Jelly and Jam (Strawberry, Apple, Orange, Wildberry, Grape - cooks a pot, then refill to mason jars)
Bread
Sandwiches (Ham, Ham and Cheese, Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Jelly)
Pizza (boring, simple and awesome, makes pizza pie that can be sliced)
Pasta (simple and awesome, can be refilled into bowls)
Marinades and Jerky (Marinade plus any sort of meat creates Homemade Jerky)
Fried Herring
Pie (makes whole pie, can be sliced after baking)
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Stir Fry

and probably something else that I missed.

I recommend using Crafthelper to see all the combinations

Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?xakg33vl9r693n8

Extract the archive to your C:\Users\[user]\Zomboid\mods directory

Permission (Click the spiffo for more information):

MODS_02.png

Use it as you like or merge it into your own mods, but if you post it with those items or recipes, mention where it came from.

I'm posting this in WIP for now so you guys can test it if you like and give feedback on the balance of items/recipes and any bugs/compatibility issues you may find.

Enjoy.

-M

You have my permission to use my Jerky mod :) I also have a food expansion in Completed/Items section but it looks like you have a good mod going here if you want you can merge in my Community food mod into this it is up to you. I have little free time this time of year. or during tax time so it isn't untell May that i can really put my attention back on modding. No credit is needed to do this and ill put the free to all pic on it if you want to pick it up. Just send me a pm so i can edit the op.

PS the icons are not mine in the Community food project they belong to dred so if you wanted to use them you will have to ask and/or credit him.

• 5 weeks later...

awesome mod but i got a question, some of the icons (like salt shaker) some times appear as a question mark, i could find two salt shakers in the same place one with a normal icon and the other with a question mark, got any idea what could be causing this?

[...]some of the icons (like salt shaker) some times appear as a question mark, i could find two salt shakers in the same place one with a normal icon and the other with a question mark, got any idea what could be causing this?

My guess is that you are running another mod that also adds the same item (salt shaker) to the game. Jerky mod, maybe, or some other food mod?

In any event, I've haven't continued working on this mod, but started creating a new one that includes everything from here and then a lot more.

[...]some of the icons (like salt shaker) some times appear as a question mark, i could find two salt shakers in the same place one with a normal icon and the other with a question mark, got any idea what could be causing this?

My guess is that you are running another mod that also adds the same item (salt shaker) to the game. Jerky mod, maybe, or some other food mod?

In any event, I've haven't continued working on this mod, but started creating a new one that includes everything from here and then a lot more.

i do have jerky mod, i just can't resist food mods, they're so delicious  :oops: and now there is a new one on the way  :mrgreen: i'll be waiting

i do have jerky mod, i just can't resist food mods, they're so delicious  :oops: and now there is a new one on the way  :mrgreen: i'll be waiting

yeah, that's the problem there - I merged the jerky mod into this one and simplified the recipes a bit, so you end up with two versions of most of the jerky ingredients, and they won;t be compatible with each other (no crashes or anything, but you can;t use salt from the jerky mod in my recipes and the other way around).

For the new mod, I talked with Shivster and he gave the thumbs up to fully merging this mod and his community mod.

So this new mod has a ton of extra content (I think around 140 unique new recipes right now) and the idea is to bring some of the most popular items/recipes into a single mod to reduce problems with duplicate items (like Salt in the example above) and make it more compatible.

Been a lot of work to get it all together, so maybe I'll be able to release a WIP version so people can give feedback on the item balance later this week.