What To Expect When Survivors (NPC's) are released

magnum2016

1: Entire city blocks being cleared out

2: Less chance of surviving because other survivors will be taking supplies

3: The occasional entering a house and get shot in the face with a pistol/shotgun

4: Improved depth in the game

5: Interesting Mods

6: Raiding, whether you are raiding them or they are raiding you

7: Lots of excitement

KEEP ON ADDING THEM ON

Unclear. A year? One and a half?

Don't expect it this year

nasko?! pshhh no etas! you're a green name, your word is the second strongest after the red names, new forum members will quote you and say this green name said a year and it is still not out! Burn him...

soo I say it is unclear. A year? One and a half?

If NPC's are added, a new water source like a rain catch or a well is added, and the crop teleportation bug is dealt with, then we'll have all the food we need. Just order the NPC to stay at the safe house and tend the gardens. You'll have all the food you need after a while.

Will NPC's have some form of skill tree, a basic version of the main character's. The only reason I ask is the idea of being shot in the face by someone in a house I'm breaking in to.

If they've no aiming skill then the gun would go off but the odds of being hit are slim, the odds of being killed even slimmer. However the noise will still attract nearby zeds, some sort of shouting dialogue could take place to prevent further fighting and worse case scenario (okay, second worse case after death) you're wounded and so move at the same rate as being over encumbered making escape from approaching hordes that much more difficult.

Would it be possible to tend to the wound? If it's "through and through" then could the wound be cauterised and bandaged? A bullet lodged in there could turn septic and cause serious illness. Could first-aid become a skill set, resulting in a medical NPC being like gold in your group. Or a player becoming a well trained field medic resulting in much less hostile NPCs?

I'm well aware the first NPCs may still be limited in what they do (although an entire evolutionary stage further than the 1.5 NPCs running wildly into zombies) so I'm not expecting miracles. I just hope it's not a case of "meet a trusting NPC, no problem. Meet a suspicious NPC, head shot and you're dead" (like the shotgun prick from the tutorial, I hated that guy)

nasko?! pshhh no etas! you're a green name, your word is the second strongest after the red names, new forum members will quote you and say this green name said a year and it is still not out! Burn him...

soo I say it is unclear. A year? One and a half?

I would agree with him,

The middle of the next year would be a pretty good guess

dynamiclifedevelopment92.jpgalmost exactly the same thing i read when i first came to the old forums, 2ish yrs ago

Ontopic: Will this mondoid finally show us the npc interactions?

Or atleast some Dragons and Grand Dragon Wizards?  (fedora)

1: Entire city blocks being cleared out

2: Less chance of surviving because other survivors will be taking supplies

3: The occasional entering a house and get shot in the face with a pistol/shotgun

4: Improved depth in the game

5: Interesting Mods

6: Raiding, whether you are raiding them or they are raiding you

7: Lots of excitement

KEEP ON ADDING THEM ON

Deal with it...