PZ Wont open

terry

Question

i bought this project zomboid game then i tried to launch it. but it wont!

-i tried deleting fmod files and verifying the games integrity

-i tried switching betas (first i tried build 41 then iwbums then none)

-i tried uninstalling, reinstalling the game

-i tried ways on steam forums and "solutions" on this websites forums

i have a AMD R9 380 Series GPU. 8gigs VRAM. 8gigs RAM. Intel i5-core 2.70@GHz 4 Cores Processor.

What could be the issue?

12 answers to this question

From a look at it it does seem like both your graphics cards might be updated, which causes the crash, I would recommend you search up the latest drivers for your R9 380 Series and HD Graphics 530 graphics cards. You should be able to find them on the manufacturers website, either from the laptop manufacturer or directly from AMD and Intel.

7 hours ago, Beard said:

From a look at it it does seem like both your graphics cards might be updated, which causes the crash, I would recommend you search up the latest drivers for your R9 380 Series and HD Graphics 530 graphics cards. You should be able to find them on the manufacturers website, either from the laptop manufacturer or directly from AMD and Intel.

yes, i tried both, I downloaded like 50 different programs and updated them

9 hours ago, Beard said:

So umm, i've read more forums on steam, blah blah blah, and the PZ app doesnt open PZ itself, the ProjectZomboid64.bat File opens the game itself but it takes exaggeratedly longer to load just the tutorial.

2 hours ago, terry said:

So umm, i've read more forums on steam, blah blah blah, and the PZ app doesnt open PZ itself, the ProjectZomboid64.bat File opens the game itself but it takes exaggeratedly longer to load just the tutorial.

Can you share your logs after running the game with that file in that case? And does the singleplayer game load a long time as well? Load times are separate from any graphical issues, meaning it should not be affected by your drivers.

15 minutes ago, Beard said:

Can you share your logs after running the game with that file in that case? And does the singleplayer game load a long time as well? Load times are separate from any graphical issues, meaning it should not be affected by your drivers.

yeah uh i did a bit of boosting stuff to my computer and it works perfectly fine but it runs like a console in the background that i can see

logs (1).zip

Seems like it runs fine, but uses your integrated card instead of your AMD dedicated card, you should be able to switch the cards in the AMD control panel or Windows graphics settings, when you do that it should launch through Steam just fine, the console in the background is for debug purposes when launched through the .bat file.

27 minutes ago, Beard said:

Seems like it runs fine, but uses your integrated card instead of your AMD dedicated card, you should be able to switch the cards in the AMD control panel or Windows graphics settings, when you do that it should launch through Steam just fine, the console in the background is for debug purposes when launched through the .bat file.

thanks

Archived