Ammo Deployment Options

American Steel

As it stands there are three ways to have ammo: lose, in a box of 50 or in a weapon.  What about about other options:

1. Shotgun Bandolier - this is wearable and holds 20 shells, it weighs 1 and drops the ammo weight by 50%.  Ammo is considered in active inventory when reloading shotguns.  Players could then load up multiple bandoliers and toss them into a bag.
  2. Holster Bra - This belt is either service specs (police, military) or something throw together.  It is designed to hold a pistol and 2 magazines.  It weighs 1 and drops the ammo/pistol weight by 50%  Ammo and weapon is conidered in the active inventory when readying or reloading.  Again, multiple rigs could be put together ahead of time and tossed into a bag.

Both of these options could be "equiped on front", much like a bag is equiped on back.  There could always be a Pistol Rig or a Shotgun Ammo Belt worn around the waist for the same impact.  For the sake of game play, I am not up for a character being able to wear both... but I am see some players might (say a shotgun bandolier and a Pistol rig or whatever).

It would also be nice to see this same in the way of a carpenters belt, for a hammer, and nails and screws and the screw driver, and possibly the saw too?  :3

This would be good, juggling tools is horrible currently.

Im amazed for once your not shooting me down on sight :P Thought you had it out for me at some point.

It would also be nice to see this same in the way of a carpenters belt, for a hammer, and nails and screws and the screw driver, and possibly the saw too?  :3

Im amazed for once your not shooting me down on sight :P Thought you had it out for me at some point.

Whoa whoa, I target no one, just analyse your idea, sorry if I ever come off mean.

Whoa whoa, I target no one, just analyse your idea, sorry if I ever come off mean.

I kind of imagine you as one of those bots that's bled over from Reddit, that just magically seems to now all the past suggestions. It's rather interesting.  :razz:

Nah, in all seriousness Fj45 is a cool dude. Just like everybody on this forum.  (clyde)

I remember posting something in a thread about a fannypack, to have a similar sort of function. A light, convenient place to store ammo, ready for use. Could expand the concept to include such things as hiking vests (so many pockets!), messenger bags, camera carrying pouches, knive sheathes, and so on.

Basically containers that allow you to utilise items stored in them without having to pull them out first, or give you a buff to storing and removing small, light items.

Then there's the possibility of military style webbing, or survivor-made webbing consisting of camera pouches, fannypacks, homemade drawstring bags, and so on. :P

I remember posting something in a thread about a fannypack, to have a similar sort of function. A light, convenient place to store ammo, ready for use. 

tumblr_lzohmq0pJB1qbnggp.jpg

(I in no way support homophobia and this picture is intended for comedic purposes only)