Pistol Silencer (Pillow)

Lord_Mortimus

Strapping a pillow to the end of a pistol for a few shots to act as a silencer. Only for 3 or so shot's per pillow, and need string or some 'rare' crafting material to attach it. (Takes two hands.)

Damage reduced and pillow is destroyed after a few shots just to avoid over-advantaging. (normal pistol remains after.)

Well its like rathlord has said before they dont have silencers so far since they are usually illegal and then also it doesnt silence the sound just muffle it a bit or supress a bit, but its still loud and also they are extremely hard to find irl. if you wanna simulate this better you can also turn down your zombies hearing to poor.

I would like to see things like this in the vanilla game. Strapping plastic bottles, shooting through pillows, or phonebooks, etc for some degree of silencing your weapon. 

Also supressing your gun with a phonebook brings more problems than well.. no only problems really. in most cases it would be good for one shot if said shot goes through it. Then it would like many possibly even catch fire.

If they do get added to the game at all, they'd almost certainly be worthless for what you have in mind. Silencers don't 'silence' the sound, they 'suppress' it. The gunshot is still loud as hell, it's just a little bit more directionless and doesn't travel as far. You'll still be pulling a horde in on your location.

As Kajin said, the sonic boom as the bullet breaks the sound barrier is going to bring every zombie around to you regardless. For a one use item that has very little effect, I just can't see this as being worth the dev time.

You are very welcome, should I dare submit another contribution to this community I shall certainly try to avoid your thoughts on how I choose to spend my dev time ;)

As Kajin said, the sonic boom as the bullet breaks the sound barrier is going to bring every zombie around to you regardless. For a one use item that has very little effect, I just can't see this as being worth the dev time.

You are very welcome, should I dare submit another contribution to this community I shall certainly try to avoid your thoughts on how I choose to spend my dev time ;)

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.

I think he considers himself a dev as hes a modder, it seems. But yeah until someone comes up with a really good idea i agree that it isnt worth the devs time. Also I think the Devs dont wanna include it as they also want you to use guns sparingly if you wish to avoid a horde...

I think I understand what you're trying to say now, but that doesn't make it any less confounding. You're not a Project Zomboid developer, and obviously a modder's time and priorities are completely different from the actual game devs.

I think I understand what you're trying to say now, but that doesn't make it any less confounding. You're not a Project Zomboid developer, and obviously a modder's time and priorities are completely different from the actual game devs.

It seems not. I wasn't considering myself as a project zomboid developer. I just found it odd to see this suggestion (which has been suggested before), that I actually made a mod for, being suffocated by scientific facts like sound barriers and how it is not worth the dev time. I don't mind the critizism, in fact I share it. But they way it came out was inconsiderate imho.

My sincerest apologies, then. I don't mean to belittle your mod at all- I think it's great, in fact. A pillow can lower te muzzle sound from gases being expelled by as much a 30 decibels. Just not where I believe the dev priorities should be currently.