Water guns

leviathan_13

Think about it. A pistol loaded with water that does absolutely no damage, but perfect to silently grab the attention of a zombie. Whispering can lure multiple unwanted zombies from a group since it works in a radius, but with a water gun you can lure a single zombies quietly and pick them off one by one. Water is also a precious resource depending on the settings, so it seems a good trade off.

Edited by leviathan_13

18 hours ago, leviathan_13 said:

Think about it. A pistol loaded with water that does absolutely no damage, but perfect to silently grab the attention of a zombie. Whispering can lure multiple unwanted zombies from a group since it works in a radius, but with a water gun you can lure a single zombies quietly and pick them off one by one. Water is also a precious resource depending on the settings, so it seems a good trade off.

slingshot+peeble would be much better,althoug your idea is not bad

You can find a water gun in schools with Brita's Weapon Packs mod, I don't know if I've ever held a more useless thing than that and as a "ex-child" with countless hours of experience in water guns and PZ too I don't even know where to start on how useless and ineffective this would be you can just walk at the edge of the zombies sight and attract them one by one, the option to throw a stone (PZ's most useless item obtained through foraging) would be 1000 times better.

Edited by The Nine Tailed Fox

7 hours ago, The Nine Tailed Fox said:

You can find a water gun in schools with Brita's Weapon Packs mod, I don't know if I've ever held a more useless thing than that and as a "ex-child" with countless hours of experience in water guns and PZ too I don't even know where to start on how useless and ineffective this would be you can just walk at the edge of the zombies sight and attract them one by one, the option to throw a stone (PZ's most useless item obtained through foraging) would be 1000 times better.

I don't use that mod so I have no idea if they have implemented what I'm suggesting here. Throwing stones is cool too. Those ideas aren't mutually exclusive with each other. A stone would be a one-use item, so you need to forage for as many you want to use. A water gun would be refillable and have more "ammo", I think.

It's just a funny idea, I don't think that this is what the game absolutely needs.

2 hours ago, leviathan_13 said:

I don't use that mod so I have no idea if they have implemented what I'm suggesting here. Throwing stones is cool too. Those ideas aren't mutually exclusive with each other. A stone would be a one-use item, so you need to forage for as many you want to use. A water gun would be refillable and have more "ammo", I think.

It's just a funny idea, I don't think that this is what the game absolutely needs.

Eh I don't know either, I threw it away since it weights 2kg+ it shoots weird splash JPEG image of water. It takes you 2 literal real life minutes to obtain 10 stones if you spawn near a zombie free foraging area and 24 real life hours to get a water gun that wastes a nice resource. I and most likely you, both know how pointless it would be, for zombies to hear you shooting a water gun you'd have to come behind their ear and they're more likely to notice a fly moving over their body then water. I once thought how cool would it be if pigs could fly, but the pigs just ended up partially levitating over a fire place with a metal rod all the way through them. Man I'm just joking with you, I can't imagine how cool and epic it would be to have an enitrelly useless thing in the game instead of the throwable rocks that could bait 1000 of zombies if you threw them at metal things!!! No no seriously now, get real, it's actually absurd and not a funny idea. I'm an experienced water gun veteran and this suggestion insults me (not really). Have you ever used a water gun?

3 hours ago, The Nine Tailed Fox said:

for zombies to hear you shooting a water gun you'd have to come behind their ear and they're more likely to notice a fly moving over their body then water.

Maybe I explained myself poorly, my point is that it wouldn't make any noise. At all. You would catch a single zombie attention with the splash of water by directly hitting it. That's the point, lure a single zombie out so you can pick a group of zombies one by one. Throwing stones is also a cool idea and very useful, but doesn't that accomplish a totally different thing? That is, lure a large group of zombies away.

I mainly thought about this because when there are zombies close with each other in a group, it is a bit hard to lure only a single zombie by whispering, for example, because sounds work in a radius.

Also, I think you leveled up your sarcasm too much :D... this is just a funny suggestion.

2 hours ago, leviathan_13 said:

Maybe I explained myself poorly, my point is that it wouldn't make any noise. At all. You would catch a single zombie attention with the splash of water by directly hitting it. That's the point, lure a single zombie out so you can pick a group of zombies one by one. Throwing stones is also a cool idea and very useful, but doesn't that accomplish a totally different thing? That is, lure a large group of zombies away.

I mainly thought about this because when there are zombies close with each other in a group, it is a bit hard to lure only a single zombie by whispering, for example, because sounds work in a radius.

Also, I think you leveled up your sarcasm too much :D... this is just a funny suggestion.

I see what you're saying but even the best water guns have a short range and coming too close to a group of zombies just to spray 1 could make all of them notice you (kinda makes it worse then silent shouting) and I doubt that the watery mist would catch that zombies attention after the stream of water falls apart on longer distances, also it's worth mentioning that water guns hit the market in 1990 so 4 years later Kentuckey was no more. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, this was just a funny suggestion that you imagined and wanted to share, but I have to be honest, this would simply not work, it's very ineffective. If you need it here's a simple trick on how to do this without water guns. Find a group of zombies and approcah slowly to those that are turned towards you (without crouching), try to get attention of atleast 1-2, 3 is risky and 4-5 is even out of my comfort range, if you do it like this I believe that you won't ever think about water guns.