New Mechanics Suggestions

leviathan_13

Hello again, here my suggestions of gameplay/feature ideas:

• Play walkie talkie or CD player on the belt. If you play a walkie talkie or a cd player and then equip it on the belt you should be able to keep listening to it (e.g. a radio station or a CD). Obviously, that would make noises and attract zombies, but if you have earbuds you could prevent that. However, doing so should make less perceptive of the surrounding the higher the volume it is. You cannot have a keen hearing when you listen to music at maximum volume!
  • A cooler should slow down rotting a little. A very little, obviously not as much as a fridge, but that would make sense, wouldn't it?
  • Context action menu for burning corpses at the campfire. Apologies if there is a way to do this already, but I think the only way to burn corpses at a campfire is by dropping them on the same tile? Or burn them individually? Why not add a direct action "burn corpse" here or alternative burn it by "adding" the same as food? If burning corpses at a campfire doesn't make much sense, then why not add a pyre item for doing so instead? This would let you burn a lot corpse in a safe and efficient way.
  • Rain should eventually wash up blood on the floor. Not on your clothes, though.
  • Destroy items. I'd like to be able to destroy items in some way. I know I can simply throw them out, but littering is bad! No recycling or anything like that. Just play remove them from existence. (apparently you can do this already with the trash can, so nvm)
  • Repair broken window glasses. Not sure how, but why not?
  • Define percentage of zombies "type". In your sandbox settings you can define the characteristics of zombies, such as walking speed, strength and intelligence. However that will make every zombies homogeneous unless you use the "random" option. I assume the "random" make an equal distribution, why not instead being able to define the exact ratio of different type of zombies? (for speed at least) That would be the basic, but going a bit further with this, zombies "templates" could be added too. Basically, I could make different types of zombies (I think 3 maximum should be enough) by changing their settings for each (speed, strength, senses, navigation and active period are the relevant options), then decide the ratio that they will spawn on the world. E.g. I could make a slow moving, very though and dumb zombie active in the day and one a bit weak, but very fast with good senses and intelligence active in the night. Then setting their spawn ration to 80-20%, for example. To clarify, I am simply asking for more fine tuning on the zombies options, since there is already a "random" option that mix their characteristics we could go a little further and control this by making precise "types" and deciding their spawn ratios. I'm not suggesting for special types of zombies, just being able to control the variance of stats in the current zombie population. I think this will open up many more cool scenarios.
  • Knox infection test. I'm not suggesting for a cure or anything alike, but what about a blood test or similar? There could be a very rare item that you can use and it will tell you (not sure if immediately or after a few hours) if you have contracted the zombie infection. This could also be tied up with the fake infection symptoms of hypochondriac, so that if you take the test and the result is negative, your character will calm down and the "fake" symptoms will go away. If the test is positive instead... you will know your fate and you just have to decide how you want to face your doom.

The following are more generic ideas or a wish list:

• More medical recipes from medical herbs. I'd like some recipes that will help with other kind of health moodles, not just infections. Help, not necessary cure. But I could craft some natural remedy to speed up recovery from a cold, fever or sickness for example.
  • Limbless zombies. I can imagine that this would require a lot of work (3D models, animations...), but wouldn't it be cool if some zombies had missing limbs or were just half bodies crawling on the ground? Or what if you could sometime cut off their limbs during combat?
  • Better action selection. I wish the action selection menus were menu. I'm talking about when multiple interactive objects are close enough (or aligned in the isometric perspective) and you can't really select the object you want. I'm not really sure how to do that, though, maybe by displaying all the possible actions in such cases with an indication of what object they refer to? It also seems to me that object on lower "floors" have a higher priority selection than objects on above floors (I sometime try to select something on the first floor and then I select a window on the ground floor).
  • Look out for items. In Rimworld there is a feature that let you set some keywords that will highlight items that match them with traders. Do you think something similar would be useful for looting too? That way it will ensure you won't miss an item you are looking for from a pile of bodies or several storage boxes.

I'm not sure if these things are missing for balance reasons or other reasons, but why aren't there "big wired fance gates" (wired gates 1 tile wide and 2 tile tall) or "normal" metal doors (metal equivalent of wooden doors)? It seems a bit inconsistent to me. Would also be possible to jump over counters for example? It's weird that I jump above a fence but a diner counter is an insurmountable obstacle for me (this could also be a balance decision though).

Thanks again, I hope you will like these ideas too.

Edited by leviathan_13

Good suggestions.
One moment - you can destroy objects using a trash can. Put the trash in the trash can and click "delete all".

In Spiffo and other cafes there are garbage cans with a capacity of 65 kg.

For example, you can immediately destroy a whole set of worn-out car wheels.

Edited by vek

• 3 weeks later...