I don't care if it is buggy or shit

CaptainPharaoh

It'd be pretty detrimental to undermine all the time spent and waited on the last leg of the journey just to rush it out now to appease people short term rather than long term; which isn't wait we're aiming to do.

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/news/2021/11/search-and-deztroy/

The latest MP update is this:

Also, while we’re hoping for a December release, we’re also mindful that after delaying it six months then if there was still some gremlin to crush in the approach to the holidays (and following that, the Russian holidays) when devs will not be around then we’d be very foolish to push it out of the door for the sake of it. That would not only undermine the whole point of this delay in the first place by releasing something broken or substandard, but also make for a lousy working Christmas period for both devs and support team.

So while the actual date is still up in the air, we have an internal ETA we’re working to. Right now the intended release date appears to be fairly stable, if it falls back it seems to us that it would only be by a week or two, even if the stars don’t align and we end up having to hold it in until after the New Year and Christmas (both Western and Russian).

So we're not talking in equivalents of how long it's taken already, it's now significantly shorter to an IWBUMS release than at any other point in its development.

Not going to bother unhiding the post, but the short answer is ...

No, hacking together old net code into b41 does not mean "[we] removed [MP]" or that the result is "the last leg [of work on MP]," of which you think  you experiencing early. You've not had any of our work since early 2020 by doing this, so you don't get to pass judgement and tell us "i to dont give a fuck about it being buggy."

You're not testing anything for us; you're not helping us make the game better; you're not playing any of our recent work or know what's going on with MP by doing this. All you are doing is taking advantage of us  having made reasonably robust MP code that doesn't fail the moment it receives an unknown packet and of us for having to make a critical merge to avoid future conflicts in the codebase last year. And worse, you're confusing the heck out of people and jeopardizing our futures by trying to "beat us" to the punch (all while piling on additional, utterly pointless, stress to whole affair).

It's been 18 months and we're on schedule for releasing it in the next 1-2, as stated in the blog.

I fell in love with PZ this year and have non stop been playing it. Got some of my friends hooked to it and we do 4 player split screen through steam remote play. Our internets aren't good so you can imagine how pixilated and framey it can be, but we still play through it. Only because the game is that good. Can't wait for multiplayer to come out, been excited since i found out about this game earlier this year, I can't imagine how the people that have been waiting for longer must feel like. Well to get to my point finally is is there any way for us to have a smoother experience while playing co-op with some of my homies while we wait for the official multiplayer release? 

Archived