If walking carrion can creep and crawl under cars, why can't I?

Papa Juliet Whiskey

It would be an interesting option if you could crawl under a car yourself. For the sake of realism, this couldn't be done with a backpack equipped, forcing the player to ditch his bag before the crawl, similar to how you hop a tall fence and drop handheld bags. Since most cars, in reality, would be a mighty tight squeeze to crawl under, maybe it would force the player to drop all handheld bags as well. Weight could play a role as well, dictating which vehicles can be crawled under. Overweight characters may only be able to crawl under raised off road vehicles. And only the underweight can crawl under sports cars. Obese is hopeless, but extremely underweight characters may not be forced to drop all bags if crawling under a 'high' enough vehicle 

On a similar, but side note, maybe a prone position could be a thing added to game, shortening the zombies sightline range for spotting the character.  You'd move slow, and tire quicker than normal, but it may add some depth to the stealth system. 

Then make the ghillie suit worth while when prone in an area with taller grass. Hell, if you lay in a field without tall grass, not moving at all,  you'd be mistaken for a bush by the zeds, and left reasonably well enough alone so long as you don't move, or make noise.

It may be the weed and whiskey, but I don't even recall posting this! Heh.

And to the uninitiated, try not to smoke or drink too much yourself if you fire up zomboid. I like to believe a lot of my playthroughs ended as a result of careless clicks, or other keyboard bumbles, bit at least three quarters happend as I was playing under the influence.

Drinking and driving is a bad idea irl,  but it is also a bad idea in zomboid.

What's my point? I dunno, I'm trying to resist playing because of above mentioned self inflictions. 

I guess it is related to cars.

• 1 month later...

I hope they take a look at this now that multiplayer is a thing. I imagine it would be easy to exploit. Build a wall around a base, then line it with cars pushed up against it, which could prevent players from exiting on the base side. Cleverly place a door, or hidden break in the fence that isn't noticeable to players on the outside, then block off the section of the car that needs to be accessable to tow it, and you've got a wall of trollish proportions.

Base security is a good thing to have, but I'd have to see cheesy exploits like this being used.