Crashed Helicopter Spawn Points/Scenarios

Clebenstein

Now that  Shark and Finn's 'Expanded Helicopter Events' mod has been in the wild for a few months now, I'm surprised to not see more mods utilising it as a base for other additions.

A crashed helicopter spawn point or scenario would be an excellent addition to the game I think, would help with the role play aspects for people who like to play 6/12 months since initial infection, I always found it weird that you would spawn with virtually nothing (with the exception of starter kit via sandbox) when so much time has passed. 

This could be a good way for characters to start in Knox Country with absolutely zero supplies in a realistic and immersive manner, and a great addition for role players.

You could perhaps choose between the various type of helicopters added by the mod, from military to police, and even simply to civilian helicopters, based on your roleplay preference.

I would recommend making the spawn points for these crash sites quite far into the wilderness, or at least near a cabin so players can get their bearings, but far enough away from civilisation that there's a certain challenge to making it back alive.

Bodies could litter the surrounding area, with damaged pieces of basic survival equipment on them, all dependant on which type of helicopter spawn you chose. There could also be a chance for damaged loot inside the crashed helicopter.

To further add to the challenge, the player would spawn with a few random injuries, possibly a few scratches and some more serious injury like a fracture or burn on one of the arms (not the legs however as starting the game with a limp that would takes days to heal would just be cause for a restart).

I'm not sure on the logistic of making such a thing possible with spawn points, however a mod was recently released by Champygnakx called 'A Really CD DA Trait' that allows for certain spawn conditions to be met via the use of a trait, a similar method could be used to achieve my proposed idea.

I don't have the coding experience to make this a reality myself so I'm hoping someone with the know-how will see this and make use of the idea. I would also love to hear peoples opinions on this, cheers!

• 2 months later...