Implement Fear of Death (Thanatophobia)

Lambda65

It sounds tempting, but I imagine it more like an extreme panic increasing factor when you see a zombie, sorta opposite of the current trait called desensitized, I could imagine it being added in two forms, one as a disability that give's you 10+ points, but you can barely deal any demage to zombies + max panic level at the sight of a zombie, the second form would be as a trait simply opposite of desensitized which gives 6-8 points where you're extremly panicked no matter what (beta blockers, surviving for some time has no effect etc.) when fighting 1 or more zombies this would be a decent demage debuff, but you would still be able to kill a decent amont of zombies, the way this current health system works now + Thanatophobia as you described it would be kinda ... uneven, holding 5 planks in your inventory would drop your hp just below 80 and make you always panicked and stressed, then again falling from a second floor leaves you at low hp and a deep wound/broken leg, and survivng some zombie lacerations + scratches could get you to 50% hp before you could patch them up, now this is where i could imagine this trait working properly, overall it could be added as a bad tait that gives 4-6 points, since it's essentially free points until/if you get hurt.

1 hour ago, The Nine Tailed Fox said:

It sounds tempting, but I imagine it more like an extreme panic increasing factor when you see a zombie, sorta opposite of the current trait called desensitized, I could imagine it being added in two forms, one as a disability that give's you 10+ points, but you can barely deal any demage to zombies + max panic level at the sight of a zombie, the second form would be as a trait simply opposite of desensitized which gives 6-8 points where you're extremly panicked no matter what (beta blockers, surviving for some time has no effect etc.) when fighting 1 or more zombies this would be a decent demage debuff, but you would still be able to kill a decent amont of zombies, the way this current health system works now + Thanatophobia as you described it would be kinda ... uneven, holding 5 planks in your inventory would drop your hp just below 80 and make you always panicked and stressed, then again falling from a second floor leaves you at low hp and a deep wound/broken leg, and survivng some zombie lacerations + scratches could get you to 50% hp before you could patch them up, now this is where i could imagine this trait working properly, overall it could be added as a bad tait that gives 4-6 points, since it's essentially free points until/if you get hurt.

Uhh... "since it's essentially free points until/if you get hurt." - but if you get hurt - you cant sleep without sleeping pills))0

17 minutes ago, Lambda65 said:

Uhh... "since it's essentially free points until/if you get hurt." - but if you get hurt - you cant sleep without sleeping pills))0

I can see this as troubling for unexperienced players, but you can have runs well over 2 months before you get wounded with some experience in the game and this perk just gives you free points if that's the case, but could be bothersome and unworthy of 4-6 points for newbies.