IWBMS RELEASED: Steam Overlay / Blackscreen Fix (PC only atm)

lemmy101

Due to the scumbags DDoSing Steam we've been unable to get onto the steam backend, but we modified scripts to hopefully put the branch live on upload, but can't guarantee this worked.

If it did, then there is a possible fix to the steam overlay crashes and black screen stuff on PC only (the work involved in building libraries etc is quite extensive for mac/linux so want to make sure it works first)

Let us know and make sure there is some kind of download of PZ from Steam before reporting if it worked or not, since otherwise the upload/setting branch live didn't work due to Steam issues atm and hearing it didn't get fixed when in actuality people are trying the same version would make us sad :P

It hasn't downloaded anything for me since I got the branch when it first came out. Also, this may be a stupid question but how do I check the version? 

if ur using the latest one it should say build 19 in the bottom right corner of the main menu.

and steam showed a download right when i logged in but it says "Downloaded - 0 bytes / 0 bytes"

Build 19:

I can confirm black screen with UI in game for normal version. As well as the draw issue with doors or anything (Safe Mode) where you have to peer through a wall to see it. It will not let you click on the door to open it because its as if the door is not there, effect anything on the south west direction and sometimes south east depending on how the building is laid out, exactly like the build before this one.

With the draw issue, it makes the line of sight show very wierd, not to mention the way houses looks. Its almost as if the walls the view is trying to see through are not allowing it to do so. Oddly enough though, I was standing by one of these doors to get a screen shot of it, and I was killed by a zombie.........once I was dead the door showed up exactly the way it should.

In short, I am seeing all the same issues in this build, as the previous beta build. Atleast I figured out a can run around and hit "E" to open this doors that refuse to appear, making the game playable, somewhat.

FOH GIVENESS PLZ if this is the wrong place to post this, but if you could please work on hit detection when swinging I would be grateful.  I always die cause I get sick when I miss a crawler or a walker at a bad angle that should have hit.  I thank you again for your grate gaem.

i have no probs with it...

FOH GIVENESS PLZ if this is the wrong place to post this, but if you could please work on hit detection when swinging I would be grateful.  I always die cause I get sick when I miss a crawler or a walker at a bad angle that should have hit.  I thank you again for your grate gaem.

me too, many times

processor = DualCore Intel Pentium E6500, 2933 MHz

ram = 4gb

video card = Zotac GeForce 9600 GT (512 Mb, GDDR3 256 bit)

drivers= all latest

os & programs = windows 7 x64, java 32&64-bit

project zomboid = Build 19, steam overlay off.

in normal mode I get black-screen-problem. in safe mode all ok (slowly, laggy, but it runs)

project zomboid = Build 19, iwillbackupmysave-beta, steam overlay off.

Tried 32-bit and 64-bit. "Normal Mode" don't run. "Safe Mode" don't run.

when I run any of them, I see empty black console window in a second, it closes and nothing happens.

error files:

error.log

net.puppygames.steam.SteamException: Steam is not running!	at net.puppygames.steam.SteamAPI.init(SteamAPI.java:102)	at net.puppygames.steam.Steam.init(Steam.java:66)	at zombie.core.Core.init(Core.java:1600)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:908)	at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:112)	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)	at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)	at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
error.txt

AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

i have no probs with it...

When there's a crawler coming at you from the top, and there's nothing in the way for you to interfere with, but you can't quite click on them?  It happens often when opening things and targeting with the mouse in game.  The mouse input seems to lock up a bit and you can't interact with something until you click somewhere else on the screen.  It's odd, and when it happens in a fight where one scratch means new character, gg.  :\

Sorry, lem.  Not trying to hijack.  Back into the pit with me and the other bloodthirsty sons a' ores.