Pan camera while in car bug

Kappatao

Firstly the new pan camera while driving is great.

There has however been a regression in terms of panning the camera while aiming.

No matter whether "pan while driving"  is off or on, "pan while aiming" doesn't work while driving now. It used to work while driving, and if you set "pan camera" to another keybind in the keybind menu, you can still pan the camera while stationary in a vehicle (not while moving), but panning by aiming and dragging the mouse no longer works.

To be clear, the character still looks around while aiming (the view cone changes direction), just can't pan the camera in a direction while in a vehicle by aiming..

To double check I've got this right: 1) Pan camera while aiming (not in the car) = works; 2) Pan camera while driving (not aiming) = works; 3) Pan camera while in the car and aiming (but stationary) = does not work? or do you mean you can't aim while driving? (which is expected behaviour)

4 hours ago, Pandorea said:

To double check I've got this right: 1) Pan camera while aiming (not in the car) = works; 2) Pan camera while driving (not aiming) = works; 3) Pan camera while in the car and aiming (but stationary) = does not work? or do you mean you can't aim while driving? (which is expected behaviour)

Pan camera while aminging works (not in car)

Pan camera while driving (moving) doesn't work (doesn't matter whether pan while driving is off or on), unless you started panning before starting moving.

Pan camera while in the car stationary works (from keybind)

Pan camera while stationary while aiming doesn't work (just re-adjusts the character's viewcone)

23 hours ago, Kappatao said:

Pan camera while driving (moving) doesn't work (doesn't matter whether pan while driving is off or on), unless you started panning before starting moving.

Pan camera while stationary while aiming doesn't work (just re-adjusts the character's viewcone)

Hmm... seems to work on my end. Is this with any particular weapon? Any mods?

Also, is the car window opened? (just double checking)

On 10/30/2021 at 2:07 PM, Pandorea said:

Hmm... seems to work on my end. Is this with any particular weapon? Any mods?

Also, is the car window opened? (just double checking)

No mods (just so you know).

No weapon either. Didn't know you needed the window open, so tried it with it open. Aiming while the window is open lets you pan, but having a keybind with the window closed also lets you pan (so maybe the bug is with binding pan to a keybind.)

• 1 year later...

I've had same problem. Here is my setup

• Pan while driving = OFF
  • Pan while aiming = ON
  • Zoom levels = 50% to 250%
  • Assign key to pan = ' (back accent) or anything else worked

Worked with any occasion, stationary, window open or not, aiming outside the vehicle, etc.

Display: Windowed (1080p)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GTX 1050 TI OC
RAM: 16GB

Edited by __Tailgunner

Actually I was facing old graphic card drivers, so I went to NVIDA website and download the latest.
It also solved my FPS issues when using fullscreen enabled, which I was facing 10-20 fps. Now I'm able to use my GPU as much as I want and can pan normally again.