IWBUMS 41.56 released

nasKo

13 hours ago, PoshRocketeer said:

All of the hit sounds sound like a shovel, not sure if this is intentional or not but it just sounds bad. Why does a wooden baseball bat make a metallic clang when I hit with it? Why does a baton make that same clang? 

I'm not hearing any metallic sounds testing it today, so I assume it has long since been addressed by NoiseWorks and just hasn't been released yet. 

On 11/27/2021 at 2:48 AM, PoshRocketeer said:

All of the hit sounds sound like a shovel, not sure if this is intentional or not but it just sounds bad. Why does a wooden baseball bat make a metallic clang when I hit with it? Why does a baton make that same clang? 

Because it is still WIP. New sounds are being added constantly in our internal build, it just hasn't been released yet. 

I am unable to butcher small mice and rats.  Have them in inventory as well as a kitchen knife as the crafting menu shows. However, am still not getting an option to actually do it.

Also, every time I load a game, I get an error pop up in the bottom right corner with the number 1 or 2 above it.  It pops up and them quickly minimizes down to where you cannot see it.

No Mods enabled  IWBUMS 41.56

13 hours ago, Apostolos said:

I am unable to butcher small mice and rats.  Have them in inventory as well as a kitchen knife as the crafting menu shows. However, am still not getting an option to actually do it.

Also, every time I load a game, I get an error pop up in the bottom right corner with the number 1 or 2 above it.  It pops up and them quickly minimizes down to where you cannot see it.

No Mods enabled  IWBUMS 41.56

How long has the save been running? Did you ever have any mods installed? 

Could you also share the "console.txt" file found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" to a site like pastebin.com and then post a link to that here so we can take a look

Ya, think you may be right. My laptop had an old hobbies mod installed and I might have started the game on that when I was traveling.  I started a brand new one and that one was ok.  The butchering issue looks like it may have been due to the rodents being frozen.

On 11/27/2021 at 10:40 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

I'm not hearing any metallic sounds testing it today, so I assume it has long since been addressed by NoiseWorks and just hasn't been released yet. 

On 11/29/2021 at 4:49 AM, Pandorea said:

Because it is still WIP. New sounds are being added constantly in our internal build, it just hasn't been released yet. 

Thanks 

• nasKo unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, gnukea said:

Is this a mod? Where should I download it?

It's not a mod, it's a test version of the game which is currently irrelevant as when you download the game as it is right now you get 41.65, the latest version.