IWBUMS 41.56 released

nasKo

NEW

- The containers in the "Move to" controller context sub-menu are disabled if the container can't hold the item to be moved.
- During "Walk To" or other timed-action movement, allow the player to continue to move while aiming, instead of stopping.
- Added a radial menu for light sources that is accessed by holding the F key for longer.
- Added "Pan Camera While Driving" display option. This will move the camera in front of the car to give better vision of things ahead. Please give us some feedback how this feels. Some had issues with this previously, so the option is off by default. 
- Added recipe.StopOnWalk and recipe.StopOnRun script properties to the codebase to control whether the crafting action is interrupted by walking and running. Currently this is only used to allow inserting/removing batteries in flashlights while walking.

ANIMS AND MODELS

- Made male underpants smaller and to look like briefs.
- Made female bra strapless.
- Made the same changes to male and female zombie textures.
- Adjusted Bikini and Swimsuit texture to fit new female underpants and bras.

NOISEWORKS

- New weapon hit sounds:

Axe, Wood Axe, Stone Axe
        Pick Axe
        Badminton Racket, Tennis Racket
        Hockey Stick, Lacross Stick
        Broom, Fishing Rod, Pool Cue
        Garden Hoe, Rake, Leaf Rake
        Shovel
        Snow Shovel
        Spiked Baseball Bat, Spiked Plank, Spiked Pick Axe Handle
        Baseball Bat
        Canoe Paddle
        Golf Club
        Plank

These also have a new setup where a regular hit sounds different from a hit that causes the attacked zombie to fall and a more impactfull killing blow.

- Added farming-related sounds for plowing, seeding, watering, and harvesting
- Adjusted the drinking sounds to fit the anims better.
- Further tweaks to busy sound areas - and especially with engine noise in and around zombie hordes. Please test!
- Addressed issues of lost / strange sounds during busy periods - such as during rain etc.
- Tweaked puddle footstep loudness (it was too loud still)
- Removed seagull sounds from towns

FIXES

- Fixed applying mildew cure to plants being broken.
- Fixed the player phasing through obstacles after climbing over a tall fence.
- Fixed Lua error SMetalDrumGlobalObject:update() when it rains.
- Fixed shoving zombies from behind sometimes causing the zombie to move toward the player.
- Fixed hitting a zombie that is getting up from lying face down flipping the zombie onto its back.
- Fixed killing a zombie that is getting up from lying face down creating a corpse on its back.
- Fixed the player's hit-reaction animation sometimes playing long after the attack happened.
- Fixed zombies finishing their bumped animation too soon, allowing them to get another attack quickly.
- Fixed playing two getting-up animations if the movement key is pressed after the animation has started.
- Fixed vehicle engines not taking damage if the hood is uninstalled.
- Fixed pan condition not resetting each time at FightStep:KillZombie in tutorial
- Fixed new pan not spawning if the player somehow does manage to break the pan at FightStep:KillZombie
- Fixed hiding the Set Alarm dialog due to the player position changing slightly after turning.
- Fixed highlighting useable parts of vehicles when the player is inside a vehicle.
- Fixed exception trying to place an item on the same square as a Car Battery Charger (or any object with no sprite).
- Fixed the controller focus remaining on a context menu after selecting an option with the mouse.
- Fixed a Lua error after pressing the 'V' key while a game is loading.
- Fixed not automatically reloading changed animation files.
- Fixed IndexOutOfBoundsException in JAssImpImporter.GetKeyFrameScale() with a test animation.
- Fixed "Could not find bone index for node name: "Translation_Data_$AssimpFbx$_Translation"" warning with a test animation.
- Fixed ISRadialMenu:setSliceTexture() calling setSliceText().
- Fixed the welding sound not stopping when building metal objects.
- Fixed zombies opening locked carpentry doors.

Figured I would share a couple of videos here demonstrating the camera panning in the vehicle if you want to see it before you use it. Driving around town with camera panning

I really like the concept and have wanted something like it for ages since it feels like you can't look far enough while driving. However I could really feel how it impacted the FPS which is why a few seconds in I turned on the FPS counter. I tried with it off driving around the same neighborhood and was consistently 50-60 FPS but with it on I was having some big dips as you can see. With cruise control on at 30 MPH it felt like it was stuttering in a way, you can see it here: Stuttering at 30 MPH cruise control

Edited by Sedgwick

On first try out of the pan while driving option.

I think already im preferring it. Its certainly much more advantageous to have that distance ahead in view.

However the motion does feel a little jerky. Its feels most prominent when theres a slight change in your velocity at higher speeds. Not turning corners sharply, more like when you're shifting lanes.

Cool and very useful addition though!

- Added "Pan Camera While Driving" display option. This will move the camera in front of the car to give better vision of things ahead. nasKo

And for this addition alone this is one of the best updates to drop along with sounds and animations, I never gave cars the attention they deserved after this feature was removed because you could never drive safely at high speeds. Thanks for adding it back!

8 hours ago, nasKo said:

Louisville

We are waiting!

16 hours ago, nasKo said:

Added "Pan Camera While Driving" display option. This will move the camera in front of the car to give better vision of things ahead. Please give us some feedback how this feels. Some had issues with this previously, so the option is off by default. 

16 hours ago, nasKo said:

- Fixed zombies opening locked carpentry doors.

Standing ovation! Everyone has been waiting for this for a very long time!

----------------------------------------------

Thank you very much from us!!!

Edited by vek

• MadDan pinned this topic
On 10/27/2021 at 1:38 PM, nasKo said:

- Added recipe.StopOnWalk and recipe.StopOnRun script properties to the codebase to control whether the crafting action is interrupted by walking and running.

Many thanks! I've been waiting for this for a long time.

"Pan Camera While Driving" 

I commend devs for adding this feature.

Observations:

- when changing speed, changing direction - twitching of the scene. Really uncomfortable, unbearable for a longer ride.

- during deceleration and subsequent inspection of the interior of the building, it is not possible to properly inspect the interior, because by shifting the view, the vehicle misses  the inspected building.

Suggestions:

- shift of vision start when reaching 30mph

- add a keyboard shortcut to start, end "Pan Camera While Driving" 

If you manage to eliminate "twitching" (which can cause health problems in an individual), it will be one of the things that you really succeeded in doing. 

P.S.: Also correct the "high engine speeds needed to shift gears" and I'll be happy and I think not just me.

Edited by BeatlJoe

On 10/30/2021 at 5:07 PM, BeatlJoe said:

"Pan Camera While Driving" 

I commend devs for adding this feature.

Observations:

- when changing speed, changing direction - twitching of the scene. Really uncomfortable, unbearable for a longer ride.

- during deceleration and subsequent inspection of the interior of the building, it is not possible to properly inspect the interior, because by shifting the view, the vehicle misses  the inspected building.

Suggestions:

- shift of vision start when reaching 30mph

- add a keyboard shortcut to start, end "Pan Camera While Driving" 

If you manage to eliminate "twitching" (which can cause health problems in an individual), it will be one of the things that you really succeeded in doing. 

P.S.: Also correct the "high engine speeds needed to shift gears" and I'll be happy and I think not just me.

Yeah, a few people feel the same way about the pan while driving functionality. This was added the the (massive) list of things that need fixing :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • nasKo unpinned this topic