IWBMS RELEASED: 'iwillbackupmysave' Build 20

RobertJohnson

Yup, another hot fix because some of you have found bugs :)

It'll be likely shorter than the previous, so we can release it quick, test it quick, and release in open beta for everyone :)

Like the previous hot fix, it's mostly bug fix (that's a lot of "fix"...).

Change log !

[bUG FIX]

• Hand made windows frame are no longer passable through.
  • You can no longer climb hand made windows frame if they are barricaded.
  • You can no longer create wall/windows frame and stuff over existing walls/fence, you have to destroy them first (it was unrealistic, and created lot of bugs, like climb through a wall... Though it was really fun to do... I think they use this bug in Harry Potter.. :D)
  • Fixed a bug in the calcul of the fixing system.
  • This fixed : http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4120-bags-build-19-hotfix/
  • Berries will no longer get rot on their bushes.
  • One of the best 'action' tunes from the olden times was accidentally left out of the lua music choices and not been triggered in the game in over a year. SACRILEGE! 

[NEW STUFF]

• Now sometimes spawn also empty bottle (water, whisky...) inside garbage bags (from an original idea of LeoIvanov :D)
  • You can now rename your bags (right click on them in your inventory, "Rename this bag").
  • Experimental PC Launcher (Issues with Mac/Linux atm) thanks Starbound! Ignore the fact you now get a Steam and Launcher option for compatibility mode, this is because that config has to be shared across all branches of the game so we can't remove the steam pop-up until we release the launcher on Steam proper or those not on this branch will no longer get it.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1401-russian-translation/page-2

Can we squeeze that one in? Pretty please? Russians will strangle me alive if this update ain't live  :shock:

NINJA EDIT :

Renaming weapons? So we can name our favorite items that we fight zombies with every day? Lucille, for example (TWD spoilers maybe, proceed with caution)

• You can no longer create wall/windows frame and stuff over existing walls/fence, you have to destroy them first (it was unrealistic, and created lot of bugs, like climb through a wall... Though it was really fun to do... I think they use this bug in Harry Potter.. :D)

LMAO! He best be careful he might get banned :P

Also I preferred to think of this one as a feature, rather than a bug :D

renaming bags, or give them label was my idea ;), two months ago
http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2505-steam-beta-release-04th-nov-2013-version-29917-0010/page-9#entry39191

And second idea is to mark my bags with some "labels", to see what is inside before "opening them"

So when i open my cabinet with my school bags and i want to take which I want (contains my hobby tools like  hammer, saw and nails) instead of my other one(contains sport tools like baseball bat, or golf club). 

renaming bags, or give them label was my idea ;), two months ago

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2505-steam-beta-release-04th-nov-2013-version-29917-0010/page-9#entry39191

And second idea is to mark my bags with some "labels", to see what is inside before "opening them"

So when i open my cabinet with my school bags and i want to take which I want (contains my hobby tools like  hammer, saw and nails) instead of my other one(contains sport tools like baseball bat, or golf club). 

hmmm.... stuff or thangs... which one should I pick for my loot run today?

The weird bug I seem to always get is with bags also. I have 2 bags: one my my back and one in my secondary. Sometimes when I sleep the bag on my back "unequips" (but I can still access that bag, but not my one in my secondary slot). In the inventory it no longer is equiped, but you only have the option to attach it to your secondary slot (which is already full with the other bag). If you equip it to the secondary slot though they both are back to normal lol.

Thanks for all your hard work guys. The game has been one of my favorites for over a year now and I know it will only improve. :)

Oh sure, release this just as im going to bed. after getting this update. the steam window still pops up to select compatabilty or normal, then new window pops up. WHile if you just click on the pro*.exe it does your window.

Im only saying this because if it goes out public, it should load off steam without there window, and im treating this version as it would be as it goes out to public.

Yes, im extreamly tired and in zombie mode. Ill test more after i wake up.

Some cool fixes (I noticed the burger patties being correct now, yay!). However, one item-related bug I hit almost instantly was that the soup cans and open soup cans - while now matching correctly - have an issue: if you have several unopened soup cans in inventory and use the can opener to open one... it seems like nothing happens. Once you've opened ALL the soup cans in your inventory, however, all will suddenly change to "opened" versions (suggesting this was being done all along but that it wasn't being shown while you carried a mix of open and unopen soup).

Also, randomly noticed that cabbage seeds have no icon, by the way (the packet does, but not the seeds themselves). :(

Incidentally, any reason for the change of soup can icon? I kinda liked the old one better as it was much easier to identify (compared to, say, beans) at a glance. No biggie, just wondering.

Some cool fixes (I noticed the burger patties being correct now, yay!). However, one item-related bug I hit almost instantly was that the soup cans and open soup cans - while now matching correctly - have an issue: if you have several unopened soup cans in inventory and use the can opener to open one... it seems like nothing happens. Once you've opened ALL the soup cans in your inventory, however, all will suddenly change to "opened" versions (suggesting this was being done all along but that it wasn't being shown while you carried a mix of open and unopen soup).

Also, randomly noticed that cabbage seeds have no icon, by the way (the packet does, but not the seeds themselves). :(

Incidentally, any reason for the change of soup can icon? I kinda liked the old one better as it was much easier to identify (compared to, say, beans) at a glance. No biggie, just wondering.

I have no idea, didn't know about this myself, but can only assume it's to avoid any legal complications since it looked identical to Campbell's Soup at that size.

HuIJYBj.jpg

as you can see... the window is not really optimized for my non-hd screen laptop. cant scroll down to the buttons really. that is the best I can do to see the buttons, in non maximized window I dont even see the buttons

What res are you on? :| It shrinks to fit and I tried it myself on 1024x768.

It might also be your default browser screwing things up. Can you confirm what your default web-browser is?

Chris: could be a web-design glitch :)

The panel the page is on, which is what has the buttons, is nothing to do with web design, it's java GUI stuff.