Community Food Expansion

Shivster

Community Food Expansion

I wanted to Start a food expansion that i could put in foods suggested by everyone not just foods i want to put in. So I am doing just that. Feel free to suggest any food item you would like to see in game. If its something that the average Joe could make and fits in the pz world i will add it.

V.01

Corn on the cob

Sliced bread

Plain mashed potatoes

Buttery mashed potatoes

Peanut butter sandwich X

Peanut butter and Banana sandwich

Bacon Cabbage and Tomato sandwich

Sliced Ham

Ham sandwich

Cheese and Ham sandwich

Bowl of cereal

Egg over easy

Hard boiled egg

Hash browns

Potato Pancakes

Candied Banana

Sliced Banana

Candied Strawberry

Sliced Strawberry

Candied Lemon

Sliced Lemon

Candied Apple

Sliced Apple

Candied Oranges

Sliced Oranges

Trail mix

Bacon Jerky

Beef Jerky

Chicken Jerky

Salmon Jerky

Boring Bacon Jerky

Boring Beef Jerky

Boring Chicken Jerky

Boring Salmon Jerky

Tasty Bacon Jerky

Tasty Beef Jerky

Tasty Chicken Jerky

Tasty Salmon Jerky

Basic Marinade

Boring Marinade X

Tasty Marinade X

Salt X

Pepper X

Soysauce X

Liquid smoke X

Garlic Powder X

Worcestershire X

So suggest away and lets make a food Expansion we all can be proud of. If anyone knows how to make Icons and would like to chip in ill credit you in the Poster.

Contributors

dred (Icons) Salt, Pepper, Soysauce, Liquid smoke, Garlic Powder, Worcestershire, Tasty marinade, and Boring marinade.

Download:(its saved in the mod loader format but will not work in the mod loader so you have to copy past them into the folders)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gucm3h9p8nh2co4/Community%20Food%20Project.rar

This mod is discontinued due to the upcoming build 26 changes to food and cooking. i gave all rights and code of the mod to Mickypain who has release a WIP mod with all items i had and a few more Located here http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/7385-cccp-consolidated-culinary-community-project-beta/

You did a good job taking all that stuff and putting it together. Now we have all good food in one place.

Fixes to do - there are items without icons assigned (BTW nice to see my icons in this mod - 'chip' me in the credits ;)). It's not enough to just to copy the icon into folder, you need to assign it to the item and load through the lua script. String 'Time:' in the recipes must/should look like that: 'Time:100.0,' - i'm not sure 100% but it seems that all original recipes are written in this way.

PM me if you need help with the icons and stuff

Tacos and pizzas with different stuff (extra cheese , ham , chicken , bacon etc :D ) would be funny ! 

I could do pizza toppings and have you build the kind of pizza you want.. Do a base(cheese pizza) then put topping on it as desired here are a few off the top of my head.

Hamburger: Patty+cheese pizza

Bacon cheeseburger: Cheese pizza + Bacon + Patty

Veggie: Cheese pizza + Eggplant + Broccoli

Peperoni: Cheese pizza + Peperoni 

The Dead Head: Rotten Cheese Pizza + Rotten Cheese + Rotten Dead Rat(Bet the zombies would love this)

I can make icons for you (starting from 21 dec). I'm pretty fast too, but I've got a lot of deadline's now so you'll have to wait a bit. I'll show some icons I made/edited:

Edited icons:

inNHgxD.png01OAwBW.pngIw8Nzd4.pnglkayP7g.pngB9KorrE.pngMXCIQkS.pngirpku2H.pngvymMKQy.pngKg2tENt.png1QBsX1E.png

New icons (2 files and a Moulding set):

uvifO8i.pngzdC1utO.pngXNnqJaL.png

These are all for a crafting mod I'm working on, it's pretty nice but I don't have a lot of time to work on it for now.

Oh, I'm a designer/developer myself so that's why.. ;)

I can make icons for you (starting from 21 dec). I'm pretty fast too, but I've got a lot of deadline's now so you'll have to wait a bit. I'll show some icons I made/edited:

Edited icons:

inNHgxD.png01OAwBW.pngIw8Nzd4.pnglkayP7g.pngB9KorrE.pngMXCIQkS.pngirpku2H.pngvymMKQy.pngKg2tENt.png1QBsX1E.png

New icons (2 files and a Moulding set):

uvifO8i.pngzdC1utO.pngXNnqJaL.png

These are all for a crafting mod I'm working on, it's pretty nice but I don't have a lot of time to work on it for now.

Oh, I'm a designer/developer myself so that's why.. ;)

Very nice work! If you are willing to do it i would be forever thankful :) I will keep the list of the Contributors and what icons are made up to date. In the version spoiler the items with a X  have a icon.

Hmm I don't think you could ever have too much food items. How about drinks as well? Possible each food/drink item add/subtracting attributes, say some Mountain Dew (my favorite :P) would make you move a bit faster, add health, but possibly make you more hungry. Just throwing ideas out there. As for food... some ideas that came to mind:

-Canned Goods (Baked beans, corn, soup (tomato,broc & cheese,chicken noodle,etc),

-MRE's (Meal Ready to Eat, check it out if you're not sure what they are)

-Bacon (Every game needs bacon)

-Rice (grow also?)+ Fish (diff types?) = Sushi   w/ that Soy Sauce already mentioned

Could be Bowl of rice, w/ or w/o soy sauce, same for sushi w/different types of fish

-Burgers/Hotdogs

-Sardines (EWW!! I know, but they last years)

-Pies (I see fruits, could grow fruits and wheat to make dough then make pies)

-Cakes (Side Note: TWINKIES and other delicious Hostess-like snacks, doughnuts?)

-Candy Bars & other sweets (chocolate, etc)

-I love the pizza idea.

And then curious about the possibility of drinks. Everyone's favorite soda, beverage, alcohol. Let me know what you think, I'm just brainstorming out loud here.

More variety is better, I just think it needs to be done tastefully.(No pun intended lol)

Hmm I don't think you could ever have too much food items. How about drinks as well? Possible each food/drink item add/subtracting attributes, say some Mountain Dew (my favorite :P) would make you move a bit faster, add health, but possibly make you more hungry. Just throwing ideas out there. As for food... some ideas that came to mind:

-Canned Goods (Baked beans, corn, soup (tomato,broc & cheese,chicken noodle,etc),

-MRE's (Meal Ready to Eat, check it out if you're not sure what they are)

-Bacon (Every game needs bacon)

-Rice (grow also?)+ Fish (diff types?) = Sushi   w/ that Soy Sauce already mentioned

Could be Bowl of rice, w/ or w/o soy sauce, same for sushi w/different types of fish

-Burgers/Hotdogs

-Sardines (EWW!! I know, but they last years)

-Pies (I see fruits, could grow fruits and wheat to make dough then make pies)

-Cakes (Side Note: TWINKIES and other delicious Hostess-like snacks, doughnuts?)

-Candy Bars & other sweets (chocolate, etc)

-I love the pizza idea.

And then curious about the possibility of drinks. Everyone's favorite soda, beverage, alcohol. Let me know what you think, I'm just brainstorming out loud here.

More variety is better, I just think it needs to be done tastefully.(No pun intended lol)

I have MREs not military issue in my basement :) about a months worth for 5 people. And Fresh water Stored i am a lite prepper. MRE are alrdy done by  The_Real_Al Here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1328-meal-ready-to-eat/ So i will not include them.

Baked Beans really need to be put in i cant think of a survival game that don't have them so i will do that for sure.

Bacon is in the beta build but i do have some recipes that use it.

Rice while it would grow in the fictional KY with the daily rain needs a wet almost swamp like ground to grow in. But i could put some in as instant rice. I guess i could put it in just because but its hard to grow in the ground. here is where i got my info on rice http://www.wikihow.com/Grow-Rice

Sardines is a must good call. I have my above mentioned pizzas done and i could add a new one Sardine Pizza.

Twinkies have to be put in no doubt. I will think of a name for them like yellow cake or something.

Candy bars and sodas are a little touchy pop and orange soda are in game alrdy and have generic names. I cant put say Dr Pepper in its trade marked and i don't have permission to do so. And the same with candy bars they have chocolate bars in but i cant put in say a Mars bar it is a trade mark. I could put in say Cinnamon candy or grape sucker stuff like that.

Good ideas keep them coming and ill work on getting these items in. I will release a new version soon now that i have more then 10 new items to add.

• 1 month later...

People have introduced honey before, but I think that it should be a reasonably important item for a prepper type situation like what this game is about.  It tastes good, never goes bad, and helps your immune system, so should have an extra bonus for getting rid of illness.  It also mixes great with the tea I was having while thinking about this.

• 2 weeks later...

Just discovered a minor mistake while trying features.

In your scripts, CandiedFruit.txt, has misguided item ID for strawberries.

For SlicedStrawberry, the input item ID is [strewberrie] not Strawberry.

I hope I am not the only one here thinking "Wait a minute. That's odd."

Yet, I changed that ID into Strewberrie and it works just fine.

Found that this is due to the original Zomboid item scripts.

• 1 month later...