Combat questions, issues.

Lyle

I am not sure I even get combat in the newest beta. 

Why do zombies move through me?  I can not count the number of times that I had a zombie on the ground and stepped up to stomp on its face - because stomping on its legs for 30 minutes isn't fun - only to have it stand up through my body and get an an auto bite to my back.  Why do zombies move through each other?  They should have a physical body and block each other and me.  

What is the arc in front of me that is considered in front of me (how big is it)?  It seems incredibly small.  I have been just 5-10% off of center and completely missed the z, only to have him get his free bite to my side.  Does that arc get bigger if I get more skill points?  Is there a way to highlight that arc so that I know the Z is in it?

Why do zombies get an attack to knock me down after they fall over a fence or a window?  There are a couple of things that bother me with this.  1)  These are zombies.  They just are not that coordinated.  2) It seems like a viable strategy to drag a couple zombies to a fence and pound them as they flop over it.  I don't see this as an exploit.  Is there something I am missing here that this was programmed they way it is?

Why do crawlers move as fast as walking zombies?  They are crawling.  Try getting down on your belly and drag yourself across the floor without using your legs.  You are a lot slower.  A zombie would be a lot slower as well.

Is there a way to hard target a Z, so I actually hit the one I want?  I would like this so the I don't have to hope the engine picks the the Z I want to hit (melee).

If there is a Z on the ground and a Z standing the engine will force me to attack the one standing, even if it is out of range of my attack.  Can you tweak that so it stomps the one on the ground when the one standing is too far away for my weapon?  how about making a button for Stomp and nothing else.  

The player avatar does not always stay in sync with the aiming reticle (cursor) for melee combat.  I find myself flailing around trying to find where on the screen to hold the cursor in order to get my guy to face a certain direction.  This typically happens after a lengthy combat where I am moving around a lot.  Can be fixed by letting go of the mouse and letting your guy swing around to center.  Doing this in combat usually means death.

Hold alt and attack, this way you'll only attack the zombie on the ground, but be careful if you don't time it right the guy who's going to be up will be on you shortly afterwards. About other questions, well I'm not sure either what's going on with that lining and zombie hitboxes, it looks like devs are removing regular zombie characteristic and making them terminators so that you could die more easily. Personally i can't imagine anyone crawling over barbed wire or wooden fence without getting stuck especially fully clothed let alone gather enough kinetic energy to trip a 80-95-105kg man.

Archived