[41.55-IWBUMS] Game crash

Coxis

Question

Hey team, I seem to have an odd issue with a save. I did backed it up, but it seems that whenever it reaches 04:00 on 27th of Aug, game will crash and return me to the main menu.

Was looking through the logs and I found this exception thrown:

ERROR: General     , 1634315510963> ExceptionLogger.logException> Exception thrown java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "zombie.inventory.InventoryItem.setCondition(int)" because "<local3>" is null at InventoryItem.update line:830.
ERROR: General     , 1634315510964> DebugLogStream.printException> Stack trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "zombie.inventory.InventoryItem.setCondition(int)" because "<local3>" is null
    at zombie.inventory.InventoryItem.update(InventoryItem.java:830)
    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessItems(IsoCell.java:2875)
    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.updateInternal(IsoCell.java:5695)
    at zombie.util.lambda.Invokers$Params1$CallbackStackItem.run(Invokers.java:37)
    at zombie.core.profiling.AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.invokeAndMeasure(AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.java:71)
    at zombie.core.profiling.AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.lambda$invokeAndMeasure$0(AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.java:83)
    at zombie.util.lambda.Stacks$Params3$CallbackStackItem.invoke(Stacks.java:230)
    at zombie.util.lambda.Stacks$GenericStack.invokeAndRelease(Stacks.java:26)
    at zombie.util.Lambda.capture(Lambda.java:130)
    at zombie.core.profiling.AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.invokeAndMeasure(AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.java:81)
    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5649)
    at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.updateInternal(IsoWorld.java:3279)
    at zombie.util.lambda.Invokers$Params1$CallbackStackItem.run(Invokers.java:37)
    at zombie.core.profiling.AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.invokeAndMeasure(AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.java:71)
    at zombie.core.profiling.AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.lambda$invokeAndMeasure$0(AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.java:83)
    at zombie.util.lambda.Stacks$Params3$CallbackStackItem.invoke(Stacks.java:230)
    at zombie.util.lambda.Stacks$GenericStack.invokeAndRelease(Stacks.java:26)
    at zombie.util.Lambda.capture(Lambda.java:130)
    at zombie.core.profiling.AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.invokeAndMeasure(AbstractPerformanceProfileProbe.java:81)
    at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:3207)
    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.updateInternal(IngameState.java:1649)
    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1356)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:285)
    at zombie.GameWindow.frameStep(GameWindow.java:726)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run_ez(GameWindow.java:642)
    at zombie.GameWindow.mainThread(GameWindow.java:471)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

after which, it unloads everything and gets me back to the main menu. Did anyone else experienced this? Any clue if I can do anything to fix it? 🤔

8 answers to this question

The error basically means that there is a definition made for the item twice or that the definition cannot be loaded, most likely due to mods, which would have to be fixed by the mod creator or disabled for the save. The specific item in question is the Base.Chainsaw item, do you have any mods enabled that change or add any chainsaws or weapons perhaps?

Hey, yeah, I did have Brita's weapon pack, ScrapGuns and ScrapWeapons mods. But I did disable all of them for this test.

Seems like Base.Chainsaw is a vanilla item from what I can see in the readable WorldDictionary file. And there's only this one entry 🤔

image.png.430eba85ebcb6fd192503b297acd5565.png

Hi there,

its kind of too late but might help someone, I had the same worlddictionary error and it happens when you disable Authomatic Z mod in a save that previously had it.

Seems like once you activate the mod, you should not disable it, unless you wanna break your save

Hmm, some mods can still spawn vanilla items such as the Chainsaw if they specifically call for it to spawn. The chainsaw should not spawn at all by itself, which would be a bug if it did, though as for how to fix the issue if we cannot remove the item since it is a vanilla one I am not totally sure. There should be a "WorldDictionary" backup folder in your save folder where the files get created when any issues happen, you could try copying the backups and replacing the original in the save folder and that could fix the problem.

35 minutes ago, Coxis said:

Hey, thanks so much for the answer! yeah I do have a few, but not with zombie clothing afaik 🤔

Is there a way to disable them and try the save again without any mods?

Yes there is, you can simply go to the "Load" menu and when selecting the save you can click "More" on the bottom right corner, there you can manage the mods for each save.
Before experimenting with mod removal I would recommend going to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\Saves" and finding your specific save folder depending on how you named it and then backing it up, since removing mods will delete the items.

Hey, so I disabled all the mods, and now I seem to be running into a different issue.

Seems like now it's failing at "WorldDictionary" for some reason.

Here's the log chunk with the crash:

LOG  : General     , 1634326876029> WorldDictionary: Checking dictionary...
LOG  : General     , 1634326876227> Loading WorldDictionary:C:\Users\bogda\Zomboid\Saves\Sandbox\\NewTryFfs-8-modless\WorldDictionary.bin
LOG  : General     , 1634326876384> ===================================

ERROR: General     , 1634326876385> java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot override existing registry id, item: Base.Chainsaw
ERROR: General     , 1634326876385>     at zombie.scripting.objects.Item.setRegistry_id(Item.java:3174)
ERROR: General     , 1634326876386>     at zombie.world.DictionaryData.parseCurrentItemSet(DictionaryData.java:245)
ERROR: General     , 1634326876386>     at zombie.world.WorldDictionary.init(WorldDictionary.java:213)
ERROR: General     , 1634326876388>     at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:2294)
ERROR: General     , 1634326876388>     at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.runInner(GameLoadingState.java:262)
ERROR: General     , 1634326876389>     at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(GameLoadingState.java:219)
ERROR: General     , 1634326876390>     at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
LOG  : General     , 1634326876392> WorldDictionary: Warning: error occurred loading dictionary!
LOG  : General     , 1634326876393> WorldDictionary: Attempting to copy WorldDictionary backups...
LOG  : General     , 1634326876405> WorldDictionary: path = C:\Users\bogda\Zomboid\Saves\Sandbox\\NewTryFfs-8-modless\WD_ERROR_1634326876\
ERROR: General     , 1634326876767> ExceptionLogger.logException> Exception thrown zombie.world.WorldDictionaryException: WorldDictionary: Cannot load world due to WorldDictionary error. at WorldDictionary.init line:255.
ERROR: General     , 1634326876770> DebugLogStream.printException> Stack trace:
zombie.world.WorldDictionaryException: WorldDictionary: Cannot load world due to WorldDictionary error.
    at zombie.world.WorldDictionary.init(WorldDictionary.java:255)
    at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:2294)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.runInner(GameLoadingState.java:262)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(GameLoadingState.java:219)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
LOG  : General     , 1634326876855> LuaEventManager: adding unknown event "OnPreUIDraw"
LOG  : General     , 1634326876855> LuaEventManager: adding unknown event "OnPostUIDraw"
LOG  : General     , 1634326884360> EXITDEBUG: Core.quit 1
LOG  : General     , 1634326884362> EXITDEBUG: Core.quit 3
LOG  : General     , 1634326884375> 1634326884375 znet: Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamUtils_n_1Shutdown
LOG  : General     , 1634326884382> EXITDEBUG: Core.quit 4

Any idea if I can force it somehow to regenerate this dictionary? I tried deleting it, but with no luck :(

Archived