Not Responding

albravo

Question

Running Win 7 Home Premium 64bit.  I have reinstalled the game, reinstalled Java 32 and Java 64.  Everytime I try to launch I get this in the Java window:

Loading: D:/Program Files (x86)/Desura/Common/Project Zomboid/media/lua/XpSystem
/XPSystem_SkillBook.lua
Loading: D:/Program Files (x86)/Desura/Common/Project Zomboid/media/lua/XpSystem
/XpSystem_text.lua
/XpUpdate.lua
WARNING: Found unknown Windows version: Windows 7
Attempting to use default windows plug-in.
Loading: net.java.games.input.DirectAndRawInputEnvironmentPlugin

And the main window is black and goes "Not Responding".  I have to kill it manually.  I have tried running as admin and all the 32/64 w/wo compatibility modes.

Thoughts?

DxDiag.txt

4 answers to this question

Hey albravo,

try downloading these batch files, place them in your main PZ directory, and start the game using wither the 32bit or 64bit batch file. When the game crashes, even if you close the main window, the command window will stay open, so you should be able to see the last error message or details in the command window:

PZ-BatFiles.zip (720bytes)
https://mega.co.nz/#!8shiyQ7L!YFBe_WbMH-xKh84lHSk6NjRH2gp9UYcsU50vbSpeqsM

It does that to me from time to time, your specs really didn't tell me much but from what I've seen you should be able to run it fine. The best thing I can tell you is that it's probably the game, sometimes when mine isn't responding if I give it a second or two it'll start responding and finish loading up.

Archived