Zombie infection bite should be 99% . (not 100%)

monti

I would love to see that a bite from a zombie, has a 99% chance of infection, and not 100%

Right now if I get bitten, i probably will stop playing right there and kill the character, drinking bleach or starting a new game, sometimes I get back to my base for my future me. But is there was the slightest chance to survive maybe I will continue playing for a couple of days waiting for that 1% miracle to survive.

I think that knowing exactly what will happen to you is not very real, 99% will add the hope that maybe you will survive (this time).

What do you think?

Yes.
Even a 1% chance of survival would give me an incentive to keep playing the character after being bitten. There is absolutely no reason to care for your character after a bite, at least for me because I never start a new character in the same world - feels cheaty to me (mind you I don't say it's cheating).

15 hours ago, Thar said:

I understand that one bite should be enough to infect you with a 100% chance or close to it. But anyway, an option to change this parameter in sandbox mode  could be a good idea.

I think sandbox need to have "Severe" optinon in lethacy of virus, character will be struggling during ill and have big problems but he can overlive it

I'm not for something like that, for me, a Z bite has to infect you, romero style ^^ (George A. Romero)

but I understand what you mean, because I play with an "antizine" mod (arranged by myself, dead rising for ever) for having a reason to care for my character after a bite, so...

yeah... maybe a sandbox option, even if I prefer my way ^^

Archived