Improved clothing/armor and stuff

Tornesol

First of..

Hi =)

I would really like to see some ways to armor yourself against the undead. Perhaps a more indepth clothing system. Where you can make "armor" from things in your surrounding. For example: A magazine turned around your wrist would prevent bittings/scratchings there. (World War Z) 
I also thought about degrigation on the things you wear and the factors played from that. Like if you have dirty clothes, your unhappyness will fall. Just an example. 
I really aint that guy that are focused on grapichs, tho I would really like to see some form of upgrade in the inventory system and your character screen. As if you get scratched on your leg, the pants on that part will rip and you would have to patch it up or find new pants. I feel there is alot of things that could come out from this  so if someone is interested in disscusing things, I would much so join! 

this is my first post in this forum so, pipe down the hate ;) 

Great game btw! Alooooooot of potential.

/Torne

Hi,

as you can probably imagine you're not the first one to suggest armor or clothing as armor. And in fact has been confirmed to be a part of the game at some point.

Here's a few links to such conversations:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2172-leather-jackets/?hl=armor#entry31432

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1263-armor-things/?hl=armor

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1217-duct-taped-jacket/?hl=armor#entry18245

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/168-clothing-should-have-life-meters-and-effect-your-character/?hl=armor#entry2450

Also you should check the commonly suggested suggestions list before posting a new suggestion. You can also use the search function for finding existing threads. ;)

Lastly, welcome to the forums!! Great to have you with us! (clyde)

But a condition of wearable things you can see is kind of a little new suggestion. Having half destroyed shirts and trousers would add a lot of atmosphere .... Imagine a few months after the apocalypse brand new clothes with not a single hole / scratch are pretty rare. Survivors and Zombies with ripped clothes would be great !

Yes the armor is said to come, and they are working on the correct looks for things ingame, But they dont seem that focused on Hygiene, as we humans adapt and when surviving we dont really care too much if your clothes are dirty. you also wont be focused on taking a shower and a bath when you might already be struggling to find water after a while :3

But yes the hard covered magazine and duct tape combo has been on my mind for a while too. Not too durable but it can take a few hits bits and sratches.

Yea, I kindda figured that this topic was already touched on! Sorry for reposting. I just love the atmosphere in this game would like to be a part of the community. So I just posted the first thing that came to mind =) 
I should have done more research! 

Yes the armor is said to come, and they are working on the correct looks for things ingame, But they dont seem that focused on Hygiene, as we humans adapt and when surviving we dont really care too much if your clothes are dirty. you also wont be focused on taking a shower and a bath when you might already be struggling to find water after a while :3

But yes the hard covered magazine and duct tape combo has been on my mind for a while too. Not too durable but it can take a few hits bits and sratches.

Yes! That would be great. When the waterworks fail after a couple of weeks, you would have to make decisions on how you use the water you collect from rain etc. If you should wash yourself/clothes or drink it. A great way to ad more depth.

But a condition of wearable things you can see is kind of a little new suggestion. Having half destroyed shirts and trousers would add a lot of atmosphere .... Imagine a few months after the apocalypse brand new clothes with not a single hole / scratch are pretty rare. Survivors and Zombies with ripped clothes would be great !

That's hardly new, its simply a logical thing to have, it hasn't been added yet as it would be a huge amount of work. Its like suggesting more types of food. Not trying to be mean but sometimes stuff isn't mentioned simply because its pretty logical for it to be added.

Yes! That would be great. When the waterworks fail after a couple of weeks, you would have to make decisions on how you use the water you collect from rain etc. If you should wash yourself/clothes or drink it. A great way to ad more depth.

Well that wasnt my point, i meant more like any sane person would opt it for drinking over cleaning themselves, maybe when they add more water sources you can take a little swim or such to get clean..