The "Get off my lawn!" Challenge

chaynsama

damn made it almost 6 days this time. both times ive played without the resilient perk ive gotten infected from 1 scratch.

tried to make a run to the westpoint hardware store and accidently set off an alarm which brought hundreds of them to me. i jumped out a window into the parking lot out back but they were everywhere. got 1 scratch on the neck which infected me, but managed to get back to my house. unfortunately since i live right next to the west point PD they didnt have to go far to find me. a large group of them followed me back and broke through all my windows, so i killed as many as i could and then barricaded the door and window to my bedroom and waited to die

http://imgur.com/YW54JO2

** how do u post images on the thread in a spoiler?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn made it almost 6 days this time. both times ive played without the resilient perk ive gotten infected from 1 scratch.

tried to make a run to the westpoint hardware store and accidently set off an alarm which brought hundreds of them to me. i jumped out a window into the parking lot out back but they were everywhere. got 1 scratch on the neck which infected me, but managed to get back to my house. unfortunately since i live right next to the west point PD they didnt have to go far to find me. a large group of them followed me back and broke through all my windows, so i killed as many as i could and then barricaded the door and window to my bedroom and waited to die

http://imgur.com/YW54JO2

** how do u post images on the thread in a spoiler?

[ spoiler][ /spoiler]

Remove the spaces, Place the cursor inbetween the two boxes and click the image button in the reply toolbar, just above where you type in text for a reply.

I've got Henry Stewart, Construction worker.

Short tempered, brooding and short sighted.

Graceful and Stout.

He lives two houses west of the West Point Police station.

Currently on day two, with a scractched groin.

Got a few dead zombies out the back, but I've kept the front lawn clear so far.

Good luck. My 3rd try was pretty lucky. I got:

Construction Worker, Resilient, Strong,

Hard of Hearing, Short Tempered, Light Drinker, Brooding

The house is Ok I guess

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4872416830240223,0.22550205902463116,164.84466236095113

I have pretty much nothing but weapons and a little food. I need to make another run to that large Warehouse. If it gets too easy again I'm going to ban myself from that large Warehouse. Once you raid it, you've pretty much got everything you need :D

Doing allright so far.

Four days nine hours.

Got a fair bit of food and four or so baseball bats from the neighbours.

Did a run to the hardware store and got a couple of axes, hammers and saws and 1100 nails.

I've had a few close calls, got ambushed in one of the neighbours houses and had to fight back down the stairs,

I've got Henry Stewart, Construction worker.

Short tempered, brooding and short sighted.

Graceful and Stout.

He lives two houses west of the West Point Police station.

Currently on day two, with a scractched groin.

Got a few dead zombies out the back, but I've kept the front lawn clear so far.

haha good luck that was the house i had on my last attempt, i was overrun on day 5

next survivor: Danny White, Security guard living in Muldraugh

Athletic, Graceful

Feeble, Short tempered, Hearty appetite

luckily my house is close to the police station and urban warehouse so im headed there first

W70n2xd.jpg

**wow barely over 24 hours my worst attempt yet xD

Edited by Waib

Alrite  i used http://www.random.org/lists/ this time  1 list for occupation 1 for negative trait, i kept taking random trait until 1 i didnt want.

Meet Betsy Sander

Unemployed

-Claustophobic - Agorophobic - Cowardly - broodling - short tempered

+strong +athletic +graceful

I got high hope for her since i was so Lucky in the drawing, had to stop taking negative trait or i had prone to illness :)

She live here,

kdyGk25.jpg

also to people uploading image it is THIS code u need to copy and paste in the forum

iwRSOKy.png

Okay, thought I'd give this a go, looks like fun! :)

Meet: Wayne Torres, living in Muldraugh

Unemployed

Short Tempered

Agoraphobic

Stout

Brave

House is here:

S60J2c8.png

The agoraphobic trait is funny, poor Wayne's heart really starts going the longer he's running around outside!  :-D

The safe-house is going to be a bit of a bitch to secure, better go find an axe...

The police officer Johnatan Bailey is still alive.

////////////-///// Incoming radio transmission ////-////////////-//////////-//////-/////////////////////////-/////////////////////-/--/////////////---

After "The day the whole world went away", as I call it, I'm struggling to live since 10 days and 17 hours. I've got some baseball bats, hammers and nails, a couple of axes and gardening tools, but I just can't find anywhere a saw to get planks to barricade my house. I'm just living with some sheets on my windows to hide myself from the beasts at night. That's not enough. Fortunately I've been able to kill hundreds of those bastards, they're everywhere. I smashed about 137 rotten skulls if I'm not wrong, while cursing EVERYONE of them.

Then I, a Police officer, well...EX Police officer, had to loot every neighbour house in search of food and anything that could have been useful to survive in these hard times, risking my life several times. Or what is left of it...

I also tried to "visit" the near warehouses to the west for saws and tools but everything was gone. In the grip of despair I went to the northern warehouses, farther the church but, bloody hell, they're UNREACHABLE due to hordes of monsters all around. At least, unreachable without a gun.

My last choice is to literally break down the doors of every house I can reach, just to collect some wood pieces with whom barricade my house, the last thing remained to me.

Please, if someone is li//s-t\\\e\n-in//\\-\/-\-\\\-//////-\-/\-////////\-\-/-/\-\ RADIO SIGNAL LOSS /////////////////////////////////////-//////-

Here are his movements during these loooong 10 days:

9kuSWFG.jpg

Red track: first excursion

Green track: second excursion

Orange track: third, piece-of-cake

I'll be reporting his struggling in the next hours.

Meet Amy Jackson

rdhYtqG.png

Oddly, same house as my first attepmt. No fridge in it OR the ones directly adjacent. 

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.7864310141693773,0.11627227055510807,153.60000000000008

First day, looted both houses adjacent and the one around the corner. A little food in the last house I checked. Not a single melee weapon other than forks and butterknives. 2 pistols and about 20 rounds tho, and 24 for the shotgun when I find it. Threw up some sheets at home, thinking about going balls out and raiding the school since its so close. Do or die, right?

My poor, sad, fridgeless abode.

7oEuBfN.jpg

Nice start there d00de!

lol bad luck

Ernest Torres, construction worker

Overweight, weak, unlucky

graceful, resilient, eagle eyed

My house is a cozy single room in the heart of zombieland.

SfhnYH5.jpg

west point mini hotel :c

Well, if the challange is your home... you have to determine if that is your room or the whole hotel.  If you have been bless with a mini mall to fortify... I would get B U S Y!

well earlier i tried to take a screenshot of myself when i got trapped on the roof of the hardware store but it crashed my game, came back to it tonight and the file is corrupted so im starting over.

David Ramirez, Park Ranger living in Muldraugh

Overweight, Clumsy, Light Drinker, Brooding

Resilient, Stout

another fat survivor ):

BGtXx3G.jpg

**Day 12, best attempt so far. Ive got a full barricade around the front of my house but theres lots of them outside and there always banging on the walls.

c4Se5J7.jpg

Yellow line - Day 1-3: I managed to find a sledgehammer on the first day so i broke down all the doors on the storage units to loot the stuff inside. on the 2nd day they trapped me there and i had to sleep overnight and fight my way thru in the morning.

Green line - Day 4 - 7: I ransacked all the houses on the street and then after went through with a fireaxe and broke down all the doors because i hadnt found a saw yet.

Red line - Day 8 - 12: ran to the urban warehouse, just managed to get inside the warehouse but they broke through the windows before i could grab much. after escaping i spent the night in a random house then headed home and started fortifying the next few days.

next task is find some food before i run out.

Edited by Waib

Update on Amy Johnson...

Before attempting to ransack the school, I scoured a few more houses close by looking for a weapon better than my frying pan. Set off quite a few alarms but was able to stay hidden every time. Maybe the alarms pulled the horde away from the school.....

After securing some food, medicine, a golf club and a bag of hammers I made my way home to find a broken window and the door ripped off the hinges. Guess Zed came passing thru while I was out. The bedroom still seemed secure so I tried to quickly load up some supplies, when one of the nasty thing grabbed me and scratched my hand in the process. New I shoulda gotten my hearing checked before the Apocalypse! Even with ear protection, you can only use a jackhammer for so many years...

I took it out with one well placed shot to the skull. Feels good to swing that club I must say. Ive always been something of a germaphobe, so I thoroughly cleaned and dressed the wound, popped some pain pills, grabbed my meager food stores, and barricaded myself in the bedroom. After a cold can of beans I began to worry about what kind of horrible infection a scratch from one of those thing could bring on. Just to be safe I poured some of my whiskey on it before bed. Then drank the rest.

I awoke feeling a bit queasy. And MORE than a bit nervous. I decided to stay in and rest today.

I have no idea how long I stayed in bed. My fever came and went, and I consumed all my pain pills trying to fight back the agony. Sometime in there I replaced the pain pills with sleeping pills, I had 3 bottles of those. Luckily I came to enough to realize I had gone through my food stockpile pretty heavily. My fever had receded, and I began to wonder if my doctor was right all those years, and it truly was all in my head. 

Feeling pretty spry, I guzzled an orange soda, refilled my water bottle, and donned my golf club. I had vision of a heroic assault on the school, hit and run, misdirection, stealth and skull bashing. The reality was pretty anticlimatic. There were NO Zeds anywhere near the front of the school. I beelined it to the cafeteria and lo, there was much rejoicing! Good stockpile of dry goods, some fresh food (which I gorged myself with immediately) and lots of pots and pans. I consolidated everything in a duffelbag and left it in the cafeteria while I explored a bit more.

I didnt encounter a single walker as I made my way to the library. THERE was a treasure trove! Cooking, carpentry, heck even farming manuals for the FFA kids! Not to mention plenty of reading material. Even during the end of the world, theres nothing fun about spending all day cooped up inside. Hell, ESPECIALLY during the end of the world. 

I managed to haul the food home by 1 PM. I left the books stuffed into a couple of schoolbags. Its still early in the day so I better make use of the daylight. Once more into the breach dear friends.... or some shit like that.

Wow with my luck. I started in the same house  :-|

Gonna make a new character real quick.... (Many moons later... and after steam updates... and after project zomboid updates)
OKAY!

Day 1

Martin Lopez:
Police Officer

Marksman
Brooding - Prone To Illness - Light Drinker - Hard of Hearing - Hearty Appetite  :cry: 
Strong - Lucky

Well what do you know! I live right next to my old home  :mad:

GqSwtF2.jpg

@ Waib - Nice start up there! Can't wait till screenshots aren't wonky. 

@ d00de - Thanks. Yeah I've had some crash issues too, mainly when I take a screenshot. Or change resolution. Or open my skill tab. Or randomly. Still, even with all the bugs I do so love this game.

@ fireglobe - Ya Ive spawned in that neighborhood before, I like. Was quite, at least at first. Newb that I am however, I have no idea how it gets later. Looks pretty secure, lotsa wilderness...

Another update after some screenies. 

Okay, update on Wayne Torres. currently Day 18, still alive. Here's a quick rundown of his adventure so far:

kkw1WGX.png

Yellow Lines - First days, clearing local houses and area, looted as much food as possible. Made his way to Cortman's Medical, stocked up on medicine and bandages. Had to be very careful, as the Agoraphobia means that Wayne is often always panicked when outside, lowering awareness and accuracy. Found some basic weapons, and a hammers and some nails, so used mainly his nailed bat.

Green Lines - Explored further from his safehouse, managed to sneak/fight, his way to the Storage/Warehouse to the West. Found lots of loot, a saw, trowel, watering can, nails, shotgun etc. On way back, looted as many houses to East of Safehouse.

Blue Lines - This was Wayne's longest trek so far, all the way to the warehouses to the East of the Police station. Had to be very careful, but made it. Finally found an axe! After waiting out some overhead planes, helicopters, made the journey home, and started some serious fortification and farming. Here's some screenshots of his journey:

4V84GYN.jpg Q4AJ7qO.jpg

m1WZXWE.jpg OZ6p7yJ.jpg

jVr32FN.jpg dBxU4WE.jpg

2nsrQzB.jpg THrluxR.jpg

And here's Wayne's current setup:

3D0YQsz.jpg

He's fairly well setup now, so will be interesting to see how long he can hold out...  :)

Sorry for no posts. Didn't really find the time for any Project Zomboiding. But anyways, I died! I knew this character wasn't gonna go well due to his traits :D. I decided to go back up to the warehouse where I got bit on my last character. I got scratched 3 times there, and because of my prone to illness I got zombified pretty quickly. Then after I got scratched, I went back outside and got scratched 3 more times (and almost died). After that I had a crazy night running around, dodging hordes, and trying to find a place to sleep. Eventually I found a place to sleep. So I woke up and I was about to quit because I knew I was not gonna get that far... then I found about 5 zombies. Didn't end well...

EDIT: Almost forgot

Survived for 4 days 2 hours
29 Zombies Killed

• 1 month later...