The "Get off my lawn!" Challenge

chaynsama

The rules to this challenge are fairly simple.

• New character in Survival Mode.
  • Muldraugh or Westpoint chosen randomly.
  • Random profession. Yes, include unemployed as an option. 
  • For traits, if you wish to have any the negatives must be random. You may spend the points you gain on any positive trait you can afford. You may decide to not take a negative you have randomly rolled, however, you may not roll again if you do.
  • And now, for the heart of it. You are now a random person in a random house. But its YOUR house. And you'll be damned if any stinking zombies are gonna run YOU off. The only construction allowed is in your starting house. That is your one, your ONLY, safe house. Feel free to sleep away from home, but no construction elsewhere! Barricading temporary reprieves away from home is pushing it a little, but still allowed. Don't overdo it tho, it's YOUR lawn you're worried about. 

I am still a bit of a newb, so suggestions/criticism are more than welcome. Just don't be a douche. Not that I've seen much of that at all from this community.  :D

EDIT: Mathas if you see this I would love to see a "Let's Play". From watching your recent exploits you have... interesting luck.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first attempt only made it 1 day 19 hours. Unemployed lucky claustrophobic living in Westpoint a block or so from the school. In a small one story house without a fridge. Found a pistol, 20ish rounds of ammo, and a baseball bat right off, however, no food. Loooots of zombies in the immediate vicinity, took out a few and managed to make it into my neighbors house thru an unlocked window. No fridge here either, but a crate.... with a fire ax :) Sadly, newb that I am, if forgot to close the window, and as I was equipping it, a Zed grabbed me and managed to land a scratch before I dispatched it.

Still clinging to the hope that I wouldn't become infected, I grabbed half my rounds and proceeded to run up the street, yelling and popping caps to lure the bulk of walkers away from my home. Quick cut thru the trees and double back to my now "safer"  house, with time left to loot another house (more ammo and a little food) and make it home for dinner and a 9 o'clock bedtime.

Upon waking, however, it became obvious i was infected. Loaded up on ammo, grabbed the ax, ate all my food, and headed out to meet my fate. I wouldn't be headed home again.

Noooooo!! Sorry to hear that uberevan. And yes steele, fences around your house are not only fine, but encouraged! Kids today got no respect for other peoples lawns!

Damn kids and their techno age music. Their appearances these days so unkept. In my day you would get a paddlin for that sort of look. Always drooling, everybody shuffling. What is wrong with them? Gonna have to get Ol' Betsy out of retirement and fill their ass full of buckshot. 

Niiice. what profession/traits?

And how do you link to a specific point on the map?

@ ubereven - seems i read somewhere if you remap screenshot to something other than f12 (f10 was mentioned) that it fixes it. Cant verify tho.

It's spacebar right nao...Idk they'll figure it out. I'm testing Build 19 for the developers, so I guess it's good to find the bugs for them.

Noooooo!! Sorry to hear that uberevan. And yes steele, fences around your house are not only fine, but encouraged! Kids today got no respect for other peoples lawns!

Damn kids and their techno age music. Their appearances these days so unkept. In my day you would get a paddlin for that sort of look. Always drooling, everybody shuffling. What is wrong with them? Gonna have to get Ol' Betsy out of retirement and fill their ass full of buckshot. 

its not techno its dubstep :l

http://imgur.com/bIX50Az

I've expanded on my base some more. I have 3 Baseball bats and a ton of food but only 3 garbage bags, and I don't even have enough skill to make water collection. I've got cabbages (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMhue3iSd4) and potatoes growing, but until I get some collection barrels, they're relying on limited water supply...And I ran out of nails...

And yes, my game crashed so I could upload that picture. I've figured out that it goes back to every time you sleep, so I took this right after getting up.

well, this is interesting :D

I just rolled a fire officer. After putting all negative traits in a list, I decided to choose the first three before rolling: short sighted, brooding and hydrophobic (from a mod, I'll get panic attacks while standing in the rain). As positive traits i chose light eater and resilient.

Let's see how far this "Carl Davis" can go... Wish him luck.

Quite lucky bastard that Carl :D

He's got a nice two floor house..I already found lvl 1 carpentry and cooking books, plus insomnia pills, anti depressants, a can opener and a backpack! well, he got even curtains at every window! yay!

I'm going outside right now to find a decent weapon.

Oh, and here's his address ;)

http://imageshack.com/a/img802/4702/u07z.jpg

http://imgur.com/1DMXZVZ

Edited by d00de