Sadistic AI Director?

doomblood66

Sadistic A.I. director is supposed to make your in-game life miserable by throwing adversity at you whenever you start to get too comfortable. That way you can't build your own cabin in the woods and expect to live indefinitely.

Sadistic A.I. director is supposed to make your in-game life miserable by throwing adversity at you whenever you start to get too comfortable. That way you can't build your own cabin in the woods and expect to live indefinitely.

I hope this is toggable, because thats sounds stupid to me : /
it probably would be in sandbox, but i feel like I cheat when I play there so I hope it would be togglable in survival!

it's not only there to make your life miserable when you're doing well. it's also in place to ensure that if you've had a bout of really bad luck, you might have a helpful new ally pop up or find a huge stash of weapons. the idea is to add some... dramatic elasticity i suppose. just something to keep any given playthrough from becoming dull.

it's not only there to make your life miserable when you're doing well. it's also in place to ensure that if you've had a bout of really bad luck, you might have a helpful new ally pop up or find a huge stash of weapons. the idea is to add some... dramatic elasticity i suppose. just something to keep any given playthrough from becoming dull.

Right, Its unrealistic. And I hate that.

Right, Its unrealistic. And I hate that.

As do I. I'd rather not have a "sadistic" AI director. Just something to make the AI function so you just need to be lucky to find good shit, or unlucky/dumb/etc. to stumble onto bad shit.

It is unrealistic, but I love it. My biggest draw to this game over every other zombie game is you're NOT a survivor. This is the story of how you die. So if you seem to safe, you're surviving the hordes, then maybe the hordes wernet what killed you. Maybe it was the flu. Or your appendix. Or Raiders. Or maybe it just took a horde the size of wyoming to finally batter thru your  8 months of fortifications. Love it.

That being said, I would like an option in sandbox to turn it off too.

It is unrealistic, but I love it. My biggest draw to this game over every other zombie game is you're NOT a survivor. This is the story of how you die. So if you seem to safe, you're surviving the hordes, then maybe the hordes wernet what killed you. Maybe it was the flu. Or your appendix. Or Raiders. Or maybe it just took a horde the size of wyoming to finally batter thru your  8 months of fortifications. Love it.

That being said, I would like an option in sandbox to turn it off too.

I would rather not have anything like that. I would rather have realistic shit happen to make me die. Like, I get sick because of some bug I caught because I ate something I was farming that had something in it, or maybe I just get unlucky and die because of some bathroom zombies. I don't want the game to go "You know you look like you're doing well. Fuck you." I want to die just because of shit luck, or my own error.

Sadistic AI director isn't there to make things realistic - It's meant to entertain you, as a player, by putting you in random situations, even if you hold off in your safehouse behind the safety of dozen walls. Think of it as a director in Rimworld - if all the things in it were the same, you'd get bored of it pretty quickly. Random events is what keeps you playing it.

Think of it as a "Bad Luck/Good luck" thing that runs in background and ensures that you aren't bored or overly frustrated. This game isn't about how long you will survive, this is the story of how you DIE, and I want the game to have lots of interesting ways to do it.

Sadistic AI director isn't there to make things realistic - It's meant to entertain you, as a player, by putting you in random situations, even if you hold off in your safehouse behind the safety of dozen walls. Think of it as a director in Rimworld - if all the things in it were the same, you'd get bored of it pretty quickly. Random events is what keeps you playing it.

Think of it as a "Bad Luck/Good luck" thing that runs in background and ensures that you aren't bored or overly frustrated. This game isn't about how long you will survive, this is the story of how you DIE, and I want the game to have lots of interesting ways to do it.

Well then have a randomized system, not something that will try to fuck you over royally. I'd rather it be totally random: Maybe a horde wanders my way, or maybe a generous traveler with some food comes along. Maybe my crops are bad and I don't have any food, or maybe I find a dead survivor with a backpack loaded with food. This "Sadistic AI Director" sounds like the game will just fuck you over when you're doing well.

Well then have a randomized system, not something that will try to fuck you over royally. I'd rather it be totally random: Maybe a horde wanders my way, or maybe a generous traveler with some food comes along. Maybe my crops are bad and I don't have any food, or maybe I find a dead survivor with a backpack loaded with food. This "Sadistic AI Director" sounds like the game will just fuck you over when you're doing well.

That's the way the "Sadistic AI director" is supposed to work, from what I've gathered long time ago. It's not just a "throw hordes of zombies/survivor groups at your house to fuck you up".

That's the way the "Sadistic AI director" is supposed to work, from what I've gathered long time ago. It's not just a "throw hordes of zombies/survivor groups at your house to fuck you up".

Ah. The name is what threw me off. "Sadistic AI Director" sounds like something hellbent on fucking the player over, not a random "roll of the dice" system for occurrences.

Inherently they should and probably will be random events instead of x days stayed in forest -> 20 gunshots in players location. More likely x days spent in forest = likelihood of NPC coming to nearby place to find loot x*0.5% or a small horde starts moving to your directionish due to a gunshot x*0.2% (they migh stop or get diverted in the way...). The game will be the sims:apocalypse if there would be no zombies ever... '

It's supposed to simulate bad luck. As in god damnit, just when I though I was safe, this is just my luck... In a realistic way. Why would the devs implement something unrealistic to a game that they are trying to make extremely realistic? As I think Lemmy has stated, when it's done they can make pretty much anything happening on screen happen in the meta-game...

If the SAID is bad as in might border unrealistic, then they could add the option to disable it in sandbox, but not in survival. That's the whole point of the mode. To have challenge in the way that the devs have ment it.

Inherently they should and probably will be random events instead of x days stayed in forest -> 20 gunshots in players location. More likely x days spent in forest = likelihood of NPC coming to nearby place to find loot x*0.5% or a small horde starts moving to your directionish due to a gunshot x*0.2% (they migh stop or get diverted in the way...). The game will be the sims:apocalypse if there would be no zombies ever... '

It's supposed to simulate bad luck. As in god damnit, just when I though I was safe, this is just my luck... In a realistic way. Why would the devs implement something unrealistic to a game that they are trying to make extremely realistic? As I think Lemmy has stated, when it's done they can make pretty much anything happening on screen happen in the meta-game...

If the SAID is bad as in might border unrealistic, then they could add the option to disable it in sandbox, but not in survival. That's the whole point of the mode. To have challenge in the way that the devs have ment it.

I would assume it wouldn't throw bad shit at you then. More be like "Alright, roll the dice... Ooooh, good luck! You find a dead survivor with some food and a gun on him. Alright, a week later, roll the dice again... Ah, bad luck! Raider decided your house looked lovely to rummage through."

I would assume it wouldn't throw bad shit at you then. More be like "Alright, roll the dice... Ooooh, good luck! You find a dead survivor with some food and a gun on him. Alright, a week later, roll the dice again... Ah, bad luck! Raider decided your house looked lovely to rummage through."

Yeah I think it would be pretty much like that. But of course just speculations... I hope that it will turn out so that you wouldn't necessarily even notice the SAID, just forget it and start blaming bad luck.

Yeah I think it would be pretty much like that. But of course just speculations... I hope that it will turn out so that you wouldn't necessarily even notice the SAID, just forget it and start blaming bad luck.

I am now excited for this.