The viewing range from the car

vek

I play on a vanilla map without mods.
I drive cars often and a lot.
I am driving at high speed on the highway, and I have problems with the viewing range in the direction of movement. It seems to me that the viewing range is extremely insufficient. I suggest developers to think:
1. when putting the character in the car, move the camera further away than it moves away, as far as possible when playing the character without a car, increasing the viewing range in all directions (this is not the best option)
2. When the speed increases, gradually move the car on the screen to the edge of the screen so that the viewing range in the direction of movement is greater. When braking, the car with the character should move back to the middle of the screen (it seems to me that this option is better)

Agreed. I think number 2 will fit better, IRL when we are driving at high speed, we tend to focus at what is further away than the things that are close to us, so I think this option fits well. I just don't know how it would play out when we are at high speed and take a curve... can't actually understand what motion this camera pan solution would play out. I tend to imagine it would feel kinda cranky, don't know.

I support #2, but instead of controlling the camera for the player, the player should be able to enter combat mode to pan similar to how combat mode is on foot, perhaps even pan further away than normal. This should only work when panning in the direction the car is moving obviously.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:40 PM, undeadryker said:

I support #2, but instead of controlling the camera for the player, the player should be able to enter combat mode to pan similar to how combat mode is on foot, perhaps even pan further away than normal. This should only work when panning in the direction the car is moving obviously.

Also a good option.

I think the issue may have to do with lag more than anything. I've got a decent rig, but I do notice a light fps drop when driving at full zoom. I suspect that's why something like option 2 isn't something already there.

You can do a combat pan if you roll the window down and use rmb. Don't know how much extra view you get, and the update on vehicle aiming based on weapon type may effect this.

Either way, welcome to shit creek with a paddle less boat if you wipe out near a crowd and forget to roll that window up.

13 hours ago, HetCigarr said:

There is actually a "Pan camera" option you can find in the keybindings, it works without rolling down the window. I've binded it to the numpad, which I've remapped one of my mouse sidebuttons to (through my gaming mouse software)

Did not know that.  It'll warrant some experimentation once I'm relieved of the binds of my employer.