[MOD] ExerciseX - Increase exercise XP

edwardecl

Increases all exercise experience by X multiplier. This is similar to other mods of the Steam Workshop that change the exercise XP gain, however this mod is not locked set values but rather a multiplier you can easily change.

Edit the file 'mods/ExerciseX/media/lua/client/ExerciseX_Settings.lua' to change the default value from 5x to any value you like, you can even change it to 0.x values to make the XP gain longer if you want.

This mod should also in theory be compatible with any future version of the game as the base fitness lua file is not overridden. The fitness table is used from the current loaded base game and is then multiplied, if any new exercises are added through by the original developers in the future or by any mods as long as this mod is loaded last it should apply the multiplier (assuming they don't totally change the fitness system).

You may copy/change and republish this mod anywhere you like, I can't upload this to the Steam Workshop so if anyone wants to they can (just check someone else hasn't done it already).

I have noticed playing around there seems to be a bug, when I was messing around with making this I was using other mods on a save that did a similar thing but overriding the base lua, it seems even if i disable that mod and enable this one it ignores the changes so you are stuck with the old multiplier values from the previous mod even when its not there, not sure if its something I did wrong or a bug with the game. With this mod you can change the multiplier as many times as you like on a save and it works fine so :huh:.

Confused the hell out of me when I was making this, was wondering why nothing I did was working, then I deleted the save and made a new game and it worked. So if this happens to you then I have no idea how to fix it.

You can also check the debug log to see if it has applied the changes, it should state the values of each of the exercises under "ExerciseX Start".

exercisex_v1.zip

Edited by edwardecl
Forgot to remove a line used to debug.

• edwardecl changed the title to [MOD] ExerciseX - Increase exercise XP