BUG that appeared in 41.55

Irken Empire

I was crouching + holding shift to become faster while sneaking, there were 2 zombies, both had their backs tunrned my way. I wanted to stab them in the back, but one of them turned around and saw me so i wanted to trick her into attacking me and going into that "missed the player" animation that zmbies have which would give me enough time to stab the other guy and deal with the first one solo afterwards, it's an old trick that i kept using before but now I'm scared, so what went wrong? Well it was all good untill that moment when I bumped into her, my guy teleported behind her and got stuck in a "frontal zombie defense attack/shove" animation, and while he got stuck in that bug she had enough time to turn around and freely inflict a wound of any kind to my character, thankfuly it was a (severe) scratch, not that it mattered even a bug caused bite was curable with just the right cheat menue though I always felt much less guilty curing a small survivable wound then a deadly bite or a laceration on the neck with a cheat menue, but it wasn't worth a risk on a 4 months and 17 days old save, sadly i lost a 3 month old denim shirt.

All in all i hope that devs look up this bug and fix it, ithappend in b41.55 and I am 101% percent shure that it's connected with the "- Player running through a horde will now have greater chance of falling" and interaction with zombie/player bumping hitboxes...stuff like that.

Can't say I've experienced this one before. Could you give some details (so I can try harder and "righter" as it were :) ) For example, was the char still crouching and running? Or walking towards - or backing up away from - the zed? Was the zed moving towards the char? What kind of weapon was equipped? Did the char manage an attack before tp happened? 

I have had my most successful save ruined by a bug like this. First i thought i just wasnt paying close enough tension or was lazy with the mouse aiming. 6 builds later i fell victim to the same game bug. I keep swinging and it goes right through the zombies head. This happens so often its making the game unplayable if your melee based player like me. I have to turn on bites only and thats still unreal!. I have recordings of multiple occasions of this.  I was about to post a bug report cuz honestly, this has stopped the momentum i had going with this game. 

I have had a successful save last night (as in havent been bitten but i dont wanna play it instil this issue is sorted) Almost every fight i get scratched or bitten. its almost unplayable with massive unrealistic risk. Like steel pipes to travel through zeds heads like its in another dimension then bite you cuz your in mid animation. You cannot surprise zombies anymore opening doors. That is risky asf. Long blunt is the only way and that still misses sometime when before it didnt.

Hope this issue is sorted otherwise ill have spawn me some guns n ammo in the even the playing field  

Will do, i am still recording. Its not as bad right now. i got a few new clips. It could take a few days. I got 4 days of recordings to watch and edit.

I tell you one of them. When you hit a zombie to the floor. they sometime flip the other way round. on the rare occasion the flip onto their feet and instantly hit you. I have literally been bitten like this

Paying even more attention to mouse accuracy helps.

On the rare occasion opening doors with an instant swing sometimes misses, most the time it was my bad movement but there was definite some sketchy swings!

I really enjoy this game i will every moment i consider a potential issue and not me being crap. 

If they scratched clothes more often and made lacerations a little less common its playable and thats as it has been. 

The weapons i use are mainly, crowbar, police batons and hammers but hammers are single hit and aint short range anyway so i dont count them really.

I will drop you a link with them all in when its done

*** After careful review of the one i found out after a quick scan a lot of them were bad swings however theres still a few incidents worth addressing. I have one recording but Its laggy and you dont see the hit but im clearly in control. Its always happens when there near walls or corners. The zombie was hitting the end corner window, i come from behind with a hand scythe, he bounces off the wall after been knocked down by a push and instantly gets up and hits me but it freezes and you dont see it. only a few frames. Same with the first incident at the fossil shop toilet. knocked zed to ground with steel pipe and bounced up and bite me. its always when there next to walls. 

side note sometimes zombies flip the opposite side when hit to the ground. Just looks jarring. This can be in open space and possibly a linked issue?

Edited by Kurt
Update

On 10/4/2021 at 11:45 AM, Pandorea said:

Can't say I've experienced this one before. Could you give some details (so I can try harder and "righter" as it were :) ) For example, was the char still crouching and running? Or walking towards - or backing up away from - the zed? Was the zed moving towards the char? What kind of weapon was equipped? Did the char manage an attack before tp happened? 

Ok so the character was still chrouching and i was still hoding shift so that I could sneak faster, because I had clumsy and inconspicious traits so I couldn't just run straight even with 5 levels in sneaking and lightfooted or the other one would have noticed me. I had 1 hunting knife on the belt, but I was holding and using a screwdriver that was also on the belt as my weapon for the the back stabbing. She was moving towards me and I was sneak-running towards her and I was aiming for just the right time to evade her so that she wold try to grab me, but my timing was a bit off and the moment that our hitboxes connected/collided I popped a little bit behind her, but still somewhat inside her, far enough that she would have to do a 180-degree turn minecraft zombie sliding style with her hands out , all that while my character started doing the frontal zombie push animation, worst part here is that I never pressed anything to attack, nor did she attack me for me to engage with that action. I hope this helps, if there's any confusion with my explanations please tell me and I just realised that I've used I so many time that I still can't believe that I'm still using so many IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII's!!!

20 hours ago, Kurt said:

side note sometimes zombies flip the opposite side when hit to the ground. Just looks jarring. This can be in open space and possibly a linked issue?

This is a known issue that has reappeared recently. We're aware and are working on fixing it. Again. :) 

After constant playthrough as i have had time. I have not encountered the missing swing issue again, in fact it seems to have gotten slightly better? maybe i had a bad day or something i don't know.

Further consideration i have encountered regarding zombies being push in corners or next to walls and the funny zombie falling animation.

Most of the issue is caused when being pushed. there's something when they hit the floor on rare occasions that makes then stand up on 2 feet when they shout be on the floor.

an idea - To maybe solve and give a more dynamic approach to a zombie killing method. Your could push zombies against walls. Just like how they hug them when they see you. In the temporary dazed state you can execute a insta weapon kill or a weapon less head smashed or smash through glass. in multi combat. they either die due to low hp or high hit depending on weapon instakill stats or fall backwards on the floor to get back up.

In my head this may solve a few wall issues i have encountered over the last days.

Loving the updates and love the hard work the team is putting into this game. The sounds are ...... juicy

Thank you for your time
Kurt

On 10/4/2021 at 11:45 AM, Pandorea said:

It happend again, but now I was running and when I bumped into a zombie the character did the exact same thing, but without teleporting behind the zombie.

Oh It's getting recognised on reddit too as a bug

Edited by Astatine