Table Event: Cake Preparation doesn't go bad even 6 months later

Sedgwick

I was playing a CDDA challenge and happened upon a couple of houses that had the table event of a cake being prepared. The cake preparation is still good, even 6 months later, while the rest of the food on the table has long since gone rotten. Faalagorn, years ago, posted about Food that should go bad but doesn't, which highlights that this has been a thing for a long time. However, the preparation was never much of an issue before since it would only be found if created by a player. Not only that, you would have had to have found the milk while fresh to even have had a chance to make the cake (with eggs being something you could get later from foraging after the house eggs go bad). Now, however, you can find something created using eggs and milk, which rot, mixed together and lasting indefinitely without going bad.

If Cake prep. table events are going to pop up, it would make sense if cake preparation also had a rot timer. While I was happy about the fact I actually found something safe to eat in my CDDA game in those first few critical days, it also feels weird to safely eat 6 month old "fresh" cake batter left on the table during the apocalypse.

Edited by Sedgwick

• 3 months later...